Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By robhughes-games

Thread: testing before the southerly turned up.

testing before the southerly turned up.

Ive been using the .22 recently alot for long range practice. Its really great to work on consistency an wind reading. Dialing it out to 300 is a great challenge too. I thought that i should spend a morning and see if i could find a more accurate round. Managed to procure some match ammo and went out for a trial. Interesting results and will have another play some day soon to just double check the results. Seems like my rifle likes higher velocity rounds. Im also about to cut the barrel down a few inches and add a silencer so that will change the harmonics again.Anyways here are the results. Name:  IMAG0294.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  838.1 KB

I shot 5 rounds of each ammo at the middle two lower aim points to "change" the lube in the barrel from each round then would shoot a group of 5. If I could call that I pulled one I would shoot another in its place. Once I had got through them all I went in reverse. the last set of 5's i didnt shoot any fouling shots of each load. Didnt seem to make a difference. So there are at least 15 rounds in each group. some of the groups like the TTSport I fired a few more rounds to see if I could tighten things up. The Power point rounds I really concentrated on where as the Offical 320 i found that they were so easy to stack that I was just squeezing them of rapid fire. All shot at 50m with a 10x scope. Will put a 24x on for the next test. That should make it interesting.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Interesting results rob,thanks for sharing. Looks like you might as well use PowerPoints for everything!

At what distance were you shooting? What rifle/scope?

Please, can you let me know where you source the Fiocchi ammo? I use the SM300 or 320 but I can't find it anymore, I also looking for Fiocchi with high velocities except that blue box with skinny white lines, they are crap in my rifle.
    Cheers

Mac

Where are you mate?not sure about the SM but the official and F type I can get as much as you want. 50,500,5000.can see about the high velocity stuff.

Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by robhughes-games View Post
    Where are you mate?not sure about the SM but the official and F type I can get as much as you want. 50,500,5000.can see about the high velocity stuff.
    Hey Rob, i live near Queenstown and however i normally shot the SM300(320) i am interested in the same brand but not standard/subsonic more like "supersonic" 1260-1380ft/s.
    Please drop me a PM if you can with the prices.

Cheers.

Mac

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by PERRISCICABA View Post
    Please, can you let me know where you source the Fiocchi ammo? I use the SM300 or 320 but I can't find it anymore, I also looking for Fiocchi with high velocities except that blue box with skinny white lines, they are crap in my rifle.
    Cheers

Mac
    What about the black box 32grain high speed?

will have a check about the black stuff

MSL
    I have loads of it