Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Theading for suppressor in Tauranga

Theading for suppressor in Tauranga

Does anybody know of somewhere I can get a rifle threaded for suppressor in Tauranga, without having to wait 2 week and pay $120 ????

Apart from Dean Maisey?
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Apart from Dean Maisey?
    Hmm yep only get answering machine, H&F want to send it to Palmy, so it is freight + Cost of threading + 2 week turn around.
    Got to be someone else ?????

DPT does threading now in the Tron.

Services - DPT Machinists
    Natatale likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

H&F will be making money off the threading job so really all your paying for is the convienence of the courier ( $20). So allow 3 days for it to be delivered, for an experienced machinist to thread it ( shouldn't take more than a couple hours )3 days to be sent back

I would think between 50-70$ for a threading job with thread cap is a reasonable price,

I wouldn't be surprised if H&F have some sort of agreement to send their stuff to HRE, and TBH I think there are better gunsmiths around
    Natatale likes this.
    #BallisticFists

Dean Maisey without a doubt.
    He's answered all my emails about a current job the evening they've been sent.
    He's on your doorstep, I'm sure you could pick up and drop off.
    If you think $125 is expensive, how about a botched job from someone down country....

B
    kiwijames, camo wsm, BRADS and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Dean Maisey without a doubt.
    He's answered all my emails about a current job the evening they've been sent.
    He's on your doorstep, I'm sure you could pick up and drop off.
    If you think $125 is expensive, how about a botched job from someone down country....

B
    Wasn't complaining about cost, was the time and distance it had to go to get the job done.
    I will email dean and see how I go

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    Does anybody know of somewhere I can get a rifle threaded for suppressor in Tauranga, without having to wait 2 week and pay $120 ????
    I have a mate that will do it for you, has done a few for me without prob, needs the suppressor to ensure he gets the thread fit correct PM me prob 2 days turn around
    Natatale likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Try pming @dfmaisey on here as he is a forum member
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    Wasn't complaining about cost, was the time and distance it had to go to get the job done.
    I will email dean and see how I go
    All good

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Try pming @dfmaisey on here as he is a forum member
    Yep I have but he is busy and not fair on him to thread and not have brought suppressor from him. He had already seen my post. !!

You may not like this , BUT , take it to Dean , and get it done right the 1st time , forget everything else .

He is not the cheapest , BUT his work is fantastic , unless the rifle is a $100 Toz 22 , take it to Dean end of story .

With threading for a can , you want some rather precise work done , IF you want it RIGHT , me , I want it to align with the bore , have a good crown , and have a close fitting thread , with some cowboys , NONE of those 3 things are done well/precise .

I have a couple of rifles , that have been threaded ( will not shame them ) , and when I get around to IT , they will be sent to Dean to be DONE right .

Why is IT that when some one threads a 22 rimfire , they think a rough job is OK ? , not in my world .

Later Chris

Chris my mate is as good as any body! He is a qualified turner with years of experience, it ain't rocket science is all about being a qualified, experienced trades person. This guy knows what he is doing!
    Natatale likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I got a rifle threaded by Dean. Too slow and too dear. DPT way cheaper. Sorry Mr Maisey.
    DPT three days Two weeks by DM and he makes it feel like he's doing you a favour. I know it's hard 1 man band gets 20 hour job. Rest can't get done but us Kiwis want it now, cheap and did I say now
    Best in NZ Gunworks ChCh Phoned to say it's arrived. Tell you when it lol be done phone to discuss phone to say its on the way back
    My opinion only but they have modded 4 + guns for me in last 8 or so months . Next new one arrives Monday 3 days earlier than my expectations
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

I have had the opposite from Dean. Even slotted me in while it was duck season. Done in two days. Kept the rifle until the supressor was ready then dropped of and picked up in the same week. Great quality work.
    Will also be dropping off the bush gun that looks like it was crowned with a d12 bulldozer
    BRADS and Grs300 like this.