Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dermastor

Thread: Tikka CTR

Tikka CTR

Name:  A Bolt II.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  3.18 MB

I have a older Browning A-Bolt II that I use for field shoots. It has was rebarreled several years ago to 6.5x47L. I have modified the stock extensively to fit me and it has been a great rifle. Its one limiting feature is the 4 shot double stack box magazine that clips into the floor plate. If there are any 10 shot stages in a match it involves a mag change plus 2 extra rounds. I am looking to try and change that by using a different bottom metal. The Tikka CRT metal with the double stack 10 shot mag would be ideal if it could be made to work. I suppose the distance from the front Action screw to the rear trigger guard screw will be the big issue as well as the position of the trigger. As the current set up uses a two piece bottom metal I suppose the Tikka metal could be cut to make it work. The Browning and Tikka magazines are virtually the same length. Is there anyone out there with a CRT that could post some photos of it plus a measurement of the distance from the two screws. Also how wide id the metal. Does anyone have any other possible cunning ideas that I could investigate?

Name:  DSC_2106.JPG
Views: 500
Size:  4.40 MB
    JT_NZ likes this.

I've got a CTR and a spare bottom metal I can measure for you tomorrow.

The obvious option would be seeing if there is an AICS bottom metal made for your rifle, failing that there's no reason the CTR metal would be any more/less difficult than AICS, just depends what mag you want to use.

Thanks. There was never any after market gear made for the older Brownings so zero choice of gear that will fit off the shelf. I like the short 10 rd. mags for the CTR, TACT A1. I also have a couple of them on hand.