Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By Cowboy06

Thread: The Ultimate Hunter. Hunting simulation rifle course

The Ultimate Hunter. Hunting simulation rifle course

Hi, I’m just putting together a hunting simulation course for the 31st January after the King of the Range ELR match. It will consist of 18 animal target stages. 2 courses of fire a short that is 36 rounds and a long that is 72 rounds. Walking over a few km on deer, wallaby Tahr and pig targets. 200-800m. Will be located at the Sparrowhawk Range in South Canterbury.
    Gauging to see who from the hunting community would be interested in such a course. A lot of you seem to be longrange hunters so come and put your gear to the test.
    Cost is $80 with a BBQ lunch. Spot prizes and product demos from some gear KiWi company’s.
    outdoorlad, 199p, Shearer and 6 others like this.

Yep, count me in. Used to 3D archery a very long time ago, brilliant fun and a very similar concept.

NRT
    Keen but don't dail ,could just shoot out to 400,sounds like a bit of fun

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy06 View Post
    Hi, I’m just putting together a hunting simulation course for the 31st January after the King of the Range ELR match. It will consist of 18 animal target stages. 2 courses of fire a short that is 36 rounds and a long that is 72 rounds. Walking over a few km on deer, wallaby Tahr and pig targets. 200-800m. Will be located at the Sparrowhawk Range in South Canterbury.
    Gauging to see who from the hunting community would be interested in such a course. A lot of you seem to be longrange hunters so come and put your gear to the test.
    Cost is $80 with a BBQ lunch. Spot prizes and product demos from some gear KiWi company’s.
    Sent the bloke from there an email last week, hasn't arsed himself to reply, thought maybe they'd quit - they were doing a long range day once a month, had planned on having a look, still a thing or not?

Nick has been shearing and mustering and set stocking the last 2 weeks on the Stn. Being on colfo and school boards he can get a lot of emails a day so it sometimes he only gets one day a week doing office work to get through everything. Ph can be the better way.
    Yes there are still longrange days. Closed now due to calving till end of Nov otherwise there is one on the first Sunday of the month unless there is a match on. Pays to follow the Facebook page and we post when it is open.

I’d be keen if I can get the weekend off.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy06 View Post
    Nick has been shearing and mustering and set stocking the last 2 weeks on the Stn. Being on colfo and school boards he can get a lot of emails a day so it sometimes he only gets one day a week doing office work to get through everything. Ph can be the better way.
    Yes there are still longrange days. Closed now due to calving till end of Nov otherwise there is one on the first Sunday of the month unless there is a match on. Pays to follow the Facebook page and we post when it is open.
    There's my problem right there...... will go to my grave before I do the facebook thing. Or tiktik or instant wipe or any of that other fuckwittery! - hopefully you'll give a heads up on here? and I'll try not to miss it, being just up the road makes it an interesting proposition.

There is also a webpage.

And the use of homing pigeons of course