Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Where can i shoot my ar15

Where can i shoot my ar15

Hey peps!

Where in auckland can i go sight in my rifle. 100 meters or more.

Is there A casual range i can go for a day?

Yeah mate come on up to the Auckland Deerstalkers range. It's $20 for the day though. Up in the Riverhead forest.

Check the range calendar and come up on a general practice day. Range - NZDA Auckland Branch

Just don't come up expecting to do rapid fire as people tend to get grumpy when they're trying to shoot and there's someone shooting with a muzzle break on an AR15.

And remember where the brass (hot) goes. I.e. having it land on the person next to you is a good way to piss them off.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Burb122 View Post
    Hey peps!

Where in auckland can i go sight in my rifle. 100 meters or more.

Is there A casual range i can go for a day?
    PM me and ill take you to my spot in Muriwai
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    And remember where the brass (hot) goes. I.e. having it land on the person next to you is a good way to piss them off.
    Another good way to piss your fellow shooters off is by having a muzzle break fitted. There's no need on an AR... the 223 has no recoil anyway. All it does is mess up everyones shooting.

Muzzle brake - wear earmuffs, I compete along side people that use brakes, doesn't bother me.

An AR that cycles properly will eject brass at 4-5 O'clock - shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    Another good way to piss your fellow shooters off is by having a muzzle break fitted. There's no need on an AR... the 223 has no recoil anyway. All it does is mess up everyones shooting.
    You're obviously not familiar with the concept of multiple rapid aimed shots

Ie the point of having a semi automatic rifle
    Grim and Shooter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    You're obviously not familiar with the concept of multiple rapid aimed shots

Ie the point of having a semi automatic rifle
    He is talking about sighting a rifle in at 100m off a bench.

And you're saying there's no point having a brake on an Ar15. There is, it allows the rifle to remain steady for rapid aimed shots.

There's not much point zeroing without the muzzlebrake if you intend to use the rifle with it.
    Grim, Spanners and Ryan like this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    I think the same mentality would work for any centre fire that fires more than 30 grains of powder.

Mates old 18" 243 Steyr would be one of the most obnoxious guns I've ever been around.
    Just because you dont have one or like the idea doesnt mean its shithouse.

223 with break is nothing.The guys next to you should have adequate ear protection on --try sitting along side a 338lm for a few !
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Either way People have no right to have a problem with your AR, its yours that you paid with with your own $$$ so why let others prevent you from using it?? just explain to them that your shooting your new AR and need to put some rounds downrange...

Yea for sure, i couldnt care less for tards against ar's. Its a gun. It serves the purpose of any other gun. And it goes bang like any other gun. If anything people should admire this piece of fighting equipment, it has a very long history!! And it looks awsome. And its accurate.

To tell the truth i would prefer to shoot with out range officers and tards either side of me. Ive been to your range and was treated like shit from most people there. And the range offiers were all grumpy c**ts. All i had was a 22 magnum. Wasnt impressed. Prefer a farm were you can let it rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Burb122 View Post
    To tell the truth i would prefer to shoot with out range officers and tards either side of me. Ive been to your range and was treated like shit from most people there. And the range offiers were all grumpy c**ts. All i had was a 22 magnum. Wasnt impressed. Prefer a farm were you can let it rip.
    I think I can see what the problem is ...
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%