Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 25 /08 IMP
  • 1 Post By Valleyhunter
  • 1 Post By NZVarminter

Thread: Are zeiss v4 conquest 6-24x50 scopes suitable?

Are zeiss v4 conquest 6-24x50 scopes suitable?

Hi, just after some feedback. I’m looking to buy my first long range scope for my 300 rem mag. It’s mainly for hunting but also, I want to take it to the range and be able to shoot out to 1000 yards. Is this a good option? Ideally I want to keep the price to around 2k.
    Cheers

Zeiss have reputation for making excellent scopes and quality optics. Have owned several and never been disappointed but not a V4. Given you want to use scope mostly for hunting then 6-24 is as high as I would go. Even then you may find 6x at bottom end limiting in the bush. Key your eye open for second had scopes there are often good deals for gear in very good nick. A VX6 3-18 would a great choice too

I use the V4 4-16x44 on my 300wsm and love it. Best scope I have owned. Shot deer at 30mtrs to 550mtrs with it also got goats out to 700mtrs. Nice and clear glass, dials well and the ZMOA 2 reticle is wicked.

Thanks heaps, that’s great to know

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Zeiss have reputation for making excellent scopes and quality optics. Have owned several and never been disappointed but not a V4. Given you want to use scope mostly for hunting then 6-24 is as high as I would go. Even then you may find 6x at bottom end limiting in the bush. Key your eye open for second had scopes there are often good deals for gear in very good nick. A VX6 3-18 would a great choice too
    Do you reckon the VX-5HD 3 - 15 would be limiting? I just got one for a good price but am wondering if I should have got the 2 - 10 power version as it is going on a short 6.5 Creedmoor that is shooting out to 500m max, but I would still like to take short shots with. I am not sure what the FOV difference etc is on low power between them.

Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    Do you reckon the VX-5HD 3 - 15 would be limiting? I just got one for a good price but am wondering if I should have got the 2 - 10 power version as it is going on a short 6.5 Creedmoor that is shooting out to 500m max, but I would still like to take short shots with. I am not sure what the FOV difference etc is on low power between them.
    I have a VX5 3-15 on my sako Creedmoor and it's perfect 30mm tube makes it bigger but I'm used to it now and I would change it.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    308mate likes this.

Both 4-16 and 6-24 appear to have enough adjustment with 0 moa cant in your rings or mount to get you to 1000m. You don’t need much more than 15x to shoot gongs at 1000m with a magnum.

Probably a bit late to the party but if you haven't already bought the v4 buy the vx5. Great dials, glass and warranty. Regret selling mine but I took a different direction so wasn't going to get used as it should. Shot gongs at 1000 no worries

Thanks for the feedback. Yea I did end up getting the v4, hopefully will get a chance to use it next weekend!
    Nick-D likes this.

I have 2 of the V4 6-24.'s I'd say they are the best value for money, and best glass in the SFP $1600-2000 price range. NB if you putting it on a 300 mag, then 24 power is way too much. You will loose your sight picture after recoil too easily.
    Mauser308 likes this.