Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Advice on hunting the South Island

G'day all Adam from Australia here. Just signed up and looking for info and advice on hunting in the South Island. My mate and I are planning a trip over in early spring and are keen to get amongst it. Not interested in trophy hunting only interested in game meat and simply the opportunity to check out your beautiful country. He's got a 270 and I'll be carrying a 243. The plan is to come over for 10 days. We're keen to try out hunting in open country for tahr and/or chamois but we wanna mix it up a bit and get out into the back country also. Any advice you could offer would be good, we want to research as much as possible so we don't f**k up and end up with a great trip under our belt. Cheers

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Welcome aboard Foxy, I'm sure that some of the southern boys on here can point you in the right direction, Don't be afraid to get involved & posting in the forum, it might even encourage members to give up a secret spot or two

Most of us haka loving kiwis are good buggars
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!