Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nightowl52

Thread: Belated hi

Belated hi

Had a look back to when I joined, doesn't look like I intro'd myself. Had my 1st air rifle at 10, brought up on a farm, shot at nearly everything in sight. Learned about gun safety then.

1st .303 in teens for goats (still got it), don't have any semi auto anything but wouldn't mind a 10/22, see how skeletor and the current BS goes....

Lived in the US for a few years, did some range shooting with a couple of different .44 Magnum revolvers, great fun.

Have done a certain amount of hunting, deer, goats, tahr etc, love getting out and blowing bunnies up with my .223, use 25-06 for deer etc. Have done a lot of "armchair" hunting lately, need to get out again before I get too old...ha!

Did a few months of shooting out of helicopters in Fiordland with a SIG military semi-auto .308 in mid '70s, good fun, great way to see Fiordland.

Work in transport, politically slightly right of centre.
    Pete_D likes this.

Gday mate.

Would have been an awesome experience seeing Fiordland from above like you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sako851 View Post
    Gday mate.

Would have been an awesome experience seeing Fiordland from above like you did.
    Certainly was, some amazing places in there, helicopter is the best way to see around. Living on a small ship in a sound or at Deep Cove in the old tunnel building quarters or on a cray fisherman's hut on stilts in the water (huts not allowed onshore).