Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Cool G'day from Northland

Hi every one, found this forum and thought i'd better join, just recovering from long term illness and starting to get back into it.
    I'm living up in Hikurangi, went out on a turkey hunt the other week, bagged a good un, made it into a very tasty curry.
    I'm keen to go out anytime, and chase anything.
    I do a bit of fishing from time to time too.
    Anyone hunted through the Glenbervy forest?is it any good, I'm keen to bag a phesant or two as I've never shot one yet (not to many in southland : )

Cheers

R93
    Welcome to forum mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome aboard Fly on the Wall. I suggest you go have a beer in the Hukerenui pub and find a local hunter / farmer to have a chat with. There are shit loads of good pigs up that way if you have the benefit of a bit of local knowledge and there will likely be a bunch of local farmers that could do with a hand as the buggers love to get in amongst the lambs at this time of year.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Are beer, had to give that up when i fist got crook!
    used to do a fair bit of homebrew (not what made me crook tho )used to make a great whisky outa malted grain and burnt peat, was too good

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly on the Wall View Post
    used to make a great whisky outa malted grain and burnt peat, was too good
    There are some Dougal's and Doris's on here that are partial to a wee dram so I am sure we could organise a get together to help you out by finishing off your supply. There are a couple on the mainland that when asked what they would like with their whiskey simply say "more whiskey"!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    There are some Dougal's and Doris's on here that are partial to a wee dram so I am sure we could organise a get together to help you out by finishing off your supply. There are a couple on the mainland that when asked what they would like with their whiskey simply say "more whiskey"!
    Say no more, I think I've just found my new best mate!!!

Welcome Fly on the Wall, I think you might find you'll fit in just nicely here. Good luck with the Pheasent chase!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

do the miles and you will find pheasants in the forests surrounding your area bro

Glenbervy forest, typical pine forest -hard work. You got some great farm land around you -tap into that and you will shoot some pheasants for sure --once you get onto a good property email me and I will run a dog for you to shoot over
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Welcome aboard mate I used to do ALOT of fishing up that way when I was living up there. Used to fish at the gap and Davies farm quite a lot and used to do the odd rock hop at busby point. When I felt like it I used to hire a self skipper boat off Justin out at Oakura bay.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

You can get a bird permit for Gbervie. I have my workshop just down the road if you ever need leather goods/knife sheaths/gun belts. 094371839 if you ever want to call in. The goat shooters have been in there last year and removed about 350 or so, hence it'll be hard to clock onto them without alot of work. The pigs are popping out everywhere at the mo so get to know some of the cocky's towards the coast(from hika and nth).
    The deer aren't worth looking for. Heaps of great fishing though all along the coast. Good luck.

Heaps of pheasants up here mate. I saw less than ten the whole time I lived in Christchurch for two years. I've now got 5that live around my house and shit loads more on the orchard I manage. It's good to be home.