Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Greetings from Upper Hutt

Hi everyone, as the heading states I am in Upper Hutt recently moved here from South Africa. Back home I was part of the South African Hunting and Conservation Association and regularly took part in club events as well as competition shooting events. I will be applying for my Class – A license in the next few months or so and just would like so advice.

1) When applying for license should you do it at the police station that close to your home or can one apply at station close to your work.
    2) What is the estimated turn around time for a class A license.
    3) Before moving I made the decision to sell my pistols but I kept my revolver a “Safe Queen Colt Python” I know one needs a class B and was wondering is this even possible for a foreign applicant.
    4) I brought my rifles safes with me (1500H x 400D x 400W) made from 4mm side and 6mm front. With lever that locks three bolts as part of the locking mechanism. Will it be surfactant to just anchor bolt these into my garage concrete floor ?

At this stage I will only bring in my rifles all bolt actions .17HMR, .222Remington and a .308 Winchester.

Thanks for any advise

Regards

Carl

Welcome to the forum, look forward to your input.