Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: A heads-up for new members

Quote Originally Posted by 57jl View Post
    Welcome aboard every one it's a good alternative to the tv and gets the juices flowing
    juices sir ...juices ...what juices might they be pray tell(to be said in a Brian Blessed voice).(dont mention waikato as some do.. others go into a frenzy)

Not sure what happened to my typed reply. Lets get going.

I've been shooting since I was 15 (48 years ago) Along with my Two daughters and son in laws I.ve introduced all of my Nieces and Nephews to shooting and Hunting if they were keen. Im a current Auckland NZDA Member and if interested Id invite you to come along and have a look. I shoot with a 0.270 Ruger M77 Mk 2 stainless steel in 270 using a Hardies Gen 4 suppressor. The last Nephew has just been introduced to Goats , 4 so far , the next step is a Deer. I've bought him a Ruger American 0.223 all weather youth ( 18 inch , stainless steel barrel , shortened stock), fitted with a Sonic 35 suppressor. Shot lots of Reds and Fellow but not one during the roar. Im looking forward to reading more about what you are up to. The posts have been entertaining durring this Covid 19 lock down
    Last edited by Duckshooter; 15-04-2020 at 02:47 PM. Reason: A previous post did not get through , so im trying again

Cheers for the welcome. New to this forum and new to hunting. This lockdown has inspired me to just get out there and get learning so all the info on here has been real good

Hi Murray is my name , been following this forum for some time , have been encouraged to join by Time Out a great hunting friend of over 55 years , been a hunter all my life now 71 and still enjoy getting out there doing the hard yards
    time out and Micky Duck like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray N View Post
    Hi Murray is my name , been following this forum for some time , have been encouraged to join by Time Out a great hunting friend of over 55 years , been a hunter all my life now 71 and still enjoy getting out there doing the hard yards
    Welcome Murray
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Welcome Murray, hope i can be hunting still at your age or at least getting out there and enjoying life

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Welcome Murray

Thanks Team

Welcome to the forum Murray - I am looking forward to you sharing your hunting adventures with us. Hard to believe we started hunting together 55 years ago - what great times we had together.
    Several pictures I put together to tell some of the story - the 7*57 Brno did a lot of the hard yards with you - the Kaweka Sika was nine years ago - hope we can do it again.

Name:  Murray.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  1.04 MB
    Last edited by time out; 26-04-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    Sideshow, SGR and Lucky like this.

Awesome and welcome!
    Dan M

welcome aboard,by the looks of it you know what your on about,that rifle looks like it could tell a tale of three aswell,look forward to hearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by time out View Post
    Welcome to the forum Murray - I am looking forward to you sharing your hunting adventures with us. Hard to believe we started hunting together 55 years ago - what great times we had together.
    Several pictures I put together to tell some of the story - the 7*57 Brno did a lot of the hard yards with you - the Kaweka Sika was nine years ago - hope we can do it again.

Attachment 137783
    Thanks Time Out , you certainly have dialed back the clock with those photos , the bottom left was labour wekend 1967 , we had walked up Te Ekaou creek and camped in your ponga hut , i had just turned 17 , there where 5 deer on the face just up from your hut , They had moved of the face when we got there but we shot one going up the Beech ridge , this spiker took off up the ridge and when i caught up with him he was standing in the pongas waiting for his mate , you shot a stag the following morning .

The Te Ekaou creek certainly was a special valley , i have many fond memories and will always remember the Kowhai trees flowering and the hundreds of wood Pidgeons , Tuis , Bellbirds and there dawn choirs .

We carried a lot of meat down Te Ekaou creek over the years
    Lucky likes this.

Thanks for the info, look forward to make further chats in the future. cheers b

Thanks for the posting, slowly getting the jist of the site and how to use it. looking forward to it and thanks for having us aboard. cheers b

Hi all. Long time page stalker and occasional commenter but realised I had not introduced myself.
    I have been a shooter/hunter since I was 15 and completed one of the first NZDA hunts courses back in upper hutt many, many moons ago.
    My hunting took a back seat after I joined the RNZAF and was limited to occasional range shooting when I got posted to Auckland but have volunteered as a NZDA RSO and a bit of work with NZ Land SAR as well as SAR as aircrew on the mighty P-3.
    I have finally managed to get myself to the manawatu so I am now a born again hunter (with a passion for service rifle shooting and enthusiastic but decidedly average trap shooter)
    I have discovered that I am also a .303 addict and seem to be breading them in my gun safe.
    I am a member of NZDA, NZSR, NZCT and colfo.
    Hot barrels and safe shooting.
    Spoon likes this.