Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zane Cameron

Thread: Hello from Victoria

Hello from Victoria

G'day -Thought id quickly introduce myself after joining the forum.
    Originally from the Waikato and moved to Aussie in 2003. Used to hunt the Kaimai's back in the day a bit and the Ruahine's.
    Spend most of my time hunting Sambar here in Victoria now but still hunt back home in the Kawekas, Kaimanawas, Ruahines, and also down south around Rakia ,Wapiti area, Arthurs pass ect.
    These days -slowed down a bit due to kids and cows but still managed to clock up over 130 full days on the sambar alone in the last couple years so not to bad for an old bugger pritty lucky really.
    So yeah love hunting ,family, fishing rugby ,so if you like any of them we will get on.
    Hate greenies ,most politicians , arrogance ,do gooders , soft cocks and one eyed people and the word and meaning (Ban) as i hear it to much here So hope theres not to many boltangs.
    Over the last few years living in Australia I have learnt a bit on the differences and similarities the two countries have in the way of hunting Especially here in Victoria.It has opened my eyes up living here in that way.
    It sounds as if we are under fire with hunting/fishing and general out door sports as you are back home.
    When i lived in NZ in my younger days my mates and I never had to worry or even talked about the politics surrounding my life of hunting fishing and outdoors which was great (the good old days) maybe we took our freedom of the out doors for granted.
    Now with the bullshit that surrounds us I take great interest and want to learn more about the threats that surround our life styles or sport.
    I believe that these days the outdoor community needs to form as one and unite to keep and improve on what we have before a minority party buggers it for us properly this includes both nz and aus (outdoor community) as the two countries tend to copy one another.
    For example just becouse you deer stalk or 4wd doesnt mean you should'nt be following or interested in whats going on in the duck shooting or fishing department. All our life style choices can only be protected with numbers.

This is one of the reasons I have joined this forum which is a shame but necessary i think.

So yeah hope to learn some stuff and don't mind talking about anything surrounding the two countries that involves hunting fishing or out doors if anyone wants a yarn.
    Plus other shit to not just politics.

cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    300CALMAN likes this.

G’day mate

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome Zane. I see only young fellas in your photograph but I guess that is relative. Join in but steer away from politics as it is one of the two taboo subjects on here that keep us from gutting one another (the other is religion). Happy hunting.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

northdude
    Welcome thats was a pretty good write up

Hi Zane

Yes nice write up and welcome.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Welcome Zane

Hi Zane. what's a boltang?
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Hi Zane. what's a boltang?
    After the day I had yesty I am sure I would see one if I looked in the mirror
    Unless he meant banteng cattle.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Gidday mate
    When hunting think safety first

Boss
    Yoza to the ozzy bro

Ok Rushy wont mention politics again - will leave it to the likes of your green leader of conservation and a university in Australia to determine the future of our Thar and game animals. Its a different era compared to when we were young and if your worried about offending people and vare away from talking about it (which in tern leads to something being done) then we as hunters ain't got no show and our kids will be shooting pictures of Thar like they do in WA gun clubs cause thats all there is there and camels which apparently taste mint . Boltang -a clown.
    Why what happened to you R93 poor bugger.