Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GdaRock
  • 1 Post By GdaRock

Thread: Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone

New to this site but been hunting/shooting for a while now. Enjoy hunting bunnies, possums and goats. Keen to bowl over some wallabies and wouldn't say no to Bambi if it popped out in front of me 😎👍 Been reading up on some of the threads about wallabies in Vegas and keen to explore further options. If anyone has any tips/hints/location of interest that would be appreciated 😎
    Bubble07 likes this.

welcome GdaRock, i'm new here too. would you eat the wallabies? or is it just pest control?

welcome aboard. Shooting wallabies would be great, like to try it meself at some stage. Wrong area wrong guns for me at this stage. Hopefully someone can help out. Get word out amongst ya mates. One of the best possum nights I ever had was a mate who's mate had a farm.

Hey Bubble 07, I will carve off the good bits for a feed 😎👍Always happy to protect the environment from pests too 😎👍
    rugerman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kruza View Post
    welcome aboard. Shooting wallabies would be great, like to try it meself at some stage. Wrong area wrong guns for me at this stage. Hopefully someone can help out. Get word out amongst ya mates. One of the best possum nights I ever had was a mate who's mate had a farm.
    Hey Kruza, A .223 is best for the possums on steroids 🤣 yeah, need to sniff out a good possum patch.

Welcome to the forum GdaRock.
    Stick around and engage with the forum and someone will point you in the right direction for an Aussie hopper or two

yeah no possums here, council did an eradication program( or rather employed pest erradicators) . Did an awesome job. Nope not powder for me, off on air rifle buzz at moment. There is a pic of wallaby that Billbob shot with a .25 hatson air rifle. That's totally sparked my interest. accuracy, stealth to get close. Put one on my to get list and wallabies on my to do. I'll leave the mince meat to you. lol

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    Welcome to the forum GdaRock.
    Stick around and engage with the forum and someone will point you in the right direction for an Aussie hopper or two
    Cheers Rugerman 🍻 Going to take some time off work soon and go for a wander in the scrub down Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by kruza View Post
    yeah no possums here, council did an eradication program( or rather employed pest erradicators) . Did an awesome job. Nope not powder for me, off on air rifle buzz at moment. There is a pic of wallaby that Billbob shot with a .25 hatson air rifle. That's totally sparked my interest. accuracy, stealth to get close. Put one on my to get list and wallabies on my to do. I'll leave the mince meat to you. lol
    Ya mate must have got real close to slug a possum on steroids, that's awesome work 👏

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome aboard
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms