Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hi from the UK

Hi from the UK

Hi folks, I'm looking to move over to NZ in the new year. I may have an offer of work in New Plymouth and was wondering what the shooting is like in the area.
    I currently shoot pigeons and corvids as well as sporting clay shooting with the shotgun. I also shoot small bore target rifle, gallery rifle and long range target as well as doing the pest control on several farms and golf courses near me with the rimfires, I also go deer stalking with the .243.
    I also beat for several pheasant shoots in the game season.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Hi there Mangled99. Welcome to the forum. I hope your username does not related to your age and the state that you are in. You will find the ability to pursue all of your interests when you get here.
    Spanners and Dougie like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Hello mangled.
    Have you looked into bringing your guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Hi there Mangled99. Welcome to the forum. I hope your username does not related to your age and the state that you are in. You will find the ability to pursue all of your interests when you get here.
    Afraid not I used to fall of motorbikes when I was younger and 99 was my racing number, I fell off so many times that we used to call ourselves mangled racing

Quote Originally Posted by marky123 View Post
    Hello mangled.
    Have you looked into bringing your guns?
    To be fair I would probably be better off selling them and then buying more if I get to NZ as I have a few and I would probably be looking at different calibers anyway. I also assume that I would need to be settled first before I could apply for a firearms cert/licence and I would probably need references from people in NZ who have known me for a certain period of time.

Mate no worries getting your FAL here. For a quick million pounds you will find someone that says they have known you for years ever since you were a teenager and bonking their sister. Hell for a mill I would even say that and I don't have a sister.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Welcome Mangeled99
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Welcome aboard mangled. You should be pleasantly surprised at what is available to you in the way of hunting and shooting if and when you get here.

Welcome mate - Good to have ya here !!
    Member of NZPHGA , SCINZ

Rushy, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Stop scaring the new people!

Welcome mangled, I hope the crashes only munted your bikes. Anyway once you get here you will realise that anywhere in NZ isn't very far from anywhere else in NZ. So if the hunting isn't tickling your fancy, walk a little further and you'll be right

Dougie
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Thanks for all the reply's, it seems a lot easier to go hunting in NZ as I have read that you can get permits fairly easy for the national parks. Over here you have to get permission from the land owners and that is not so easy. I do the pest control and shoot on 7 farms, 1 horse riding stables and a golf club which I guard very closely as there are always people trying to get your permissions from you.

Go to the website of our Department of Conservation M99 and you will see how easy it is to download a permit. Department of Conservation

hi mangled ..once you get settled in new plymouth contact me if ya want to put some lead in the air im about 45 minz from NP
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Go to the website of our Department of Conservation M99 and you will see how easy it is to download a permit. Department of Conservation
    It does look really easy thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by geezejonesy View Post
    hi mangled ..once you get settled in new plymouth contact me if ya want to put some lead in the air im about 45 minz from NP
    That would be good if I get there, it has gone quiet with that company at the moment. Never mind I now have 2 company's interested in the South Island, 1 in Christchurch and 1 in Oamaru. I'll get over there somehow.

All the best Gord

Quote Originally Posted by Mangled99 View Post
    I'll get over there somehow.
    I find that flying is the quickest way.

I find that flying is the quickest way.