Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Grotto

Hi, where to go?

New to the forum, been reading it for awhile but just signed up.
    Sort of new to shooting, did a bit when I was young, rabbits, possums, goats, ducks, chickens, looked for deer but never found any.

Did a bit more in the UK (pheasants) but it wasn't much fun.

A mate moved overseas and gave me his guns and safe (found my missing 303 in there) so I've got some kit now, and my 13 year old son is keen, so I hope to take him out for some exercise to get him off the computer/Playstation.

Will probably have to upgrade the 303 at some stage but will have to save done money.

Auckland based now, and don't know closest place to shoot goats - any suggestions.

I missed out on the Woodhill ballot so that will have to wait until next year.

Welcome mate, can't help much with the where to go, but am sure you will find a few members with good advice. Enjoy the 303 - nothing wrong with the caliber - bad ammo ruined its reputation.

Welcome aboard Grotto...
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Grotto
    Thanks, bought some new ammo, thought I'd try something post WW2, fitted a scope I had kicking around. Hopefully it will shoot better than the last time I used it 25 years ago.
    Just need to organise an outing to sight it in.