Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howzit!

Howzit!

Hi there everyone!

I'm a new member to the forum, and so decided I should Smiley introduce myself.

I'm a 28 year old guy from Durban, South Africa, who's spent his life growing up between Durban and the Eastern Cape (my home away from home!) and fell in love with the outdoors, and anything to do with it from a young age. Hunting, fishing, plinking at targets, 4x4ing, visiting game reserves, etc....basically anything to do with the outdoors, and I'm there.

When i was a lot younger, my father and his friends would go on an annual hunting trip, until the age of 13, where i was invited along, and the trip turned into a dads and lads (some of the most amazing memories growing up), and then it happened. the hunting bug bit, and bit HARD!

Needless to say, I'd like to one day own my own farm, and piece of Africa. I've hunted the moordenaars Karoo, the Kzn bush, the hilly Grahamstown surrounds, and the beautiful areas north of Pretoria, and i love experiencing the diverse conditions and terrain.

Hunting for me isn't so much about shooting and killing, but more about the stalk, the surrounding environment, and respecting your quarry that's about to give its life...
    I remember being mentored by a close family friend who was a retired PH, and still vividly remember him saying the day you look at your quarry through your sights, and you don't shake with adrenalin, that day you go home & put away your rifle, because the hunt is no longer the same for you....

Hunting for me is about spending time in nature and the wilderness, surrounded by diverse birdlife, game, fauna and flora. It's about walking the veld in the frosty mornings, and returning to the lodge in the late afternoon setting sun, to the familiar calls of the Burchal's Coucal.

I've always been more interested inthe stalk- adrenalin pumping...the heightened senses, and becoming one with nature, than about squeezing the round off.

Anyway, just thought I'd drop a short note to say 'Howzit!' and to introduce myself.

Have a great week!!

Marshy_SA

R93
    Welcome Marshy.
    2 of my best workmates in PNG are from SA.
    They make and love their own Biltong and threaten to come hunting with me all the time.
    Trouble is, the best hunting in NZ is during the Rugby season and they only get keen when SA are doing well in that regard.
    I suppose it is fair to say I won't have to endure their company on a hunting trip anytime soon😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Welcome Marsh, there's a few retread SA'ns here.