Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kia Ora

Kia Ora

Hi all. Reasonably new to hunting and shooting. Started out with a bow and have been playing with firearms for about a year.
    Have been looking for somewhere to find information on clubs, shooting advice and somewhere to buy firearms without getting screwed by the big companies and someone on facebook put me onto this site. So hopefully ill get to pick a few of your brains for advice and waste a few hours scrolling through the forum.
    Cheers

as long as you arent shifting houses with gayford...you will fit right in LOL.
    been some real doozy firearms forsale lately...you dont intend of African safari anytime do you??? if so Hendrix has just the thing for you....

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    as long as you arent shifting houses with gayford...you will fit right in LOL.
    been some real doozy firearms forsale lately...you dont intend of African safari anytime do you??? if so Hendrix has just the thing for you....
    I dont think so but would like to hunt buffalo in aussie one day im sure that warrants a safari calibre of rifle right? If not the simple fact it would look cool in the safe should get that one past the mrs right?

sounds reasonable to me.......and that rifle surely is a thing of beauty.....

Thank god for that facebook is pathetic for any firearm info now.
    Id agree the bow has helped alot although I find i forget I dont have to be 20 yards away with a gun haha.
    Id like to find somewhere i can shoot centrefire calibers heaps are there any places in the waikato that run days for amateurs? I see whatawhata and otorohanga do a fair bit of shooting but seem to be 600m plus something im not ready for.
    I have been taking the .22lr out to 200m at friends place which is alot of fun but need more trigger time behind a centrefire

find a friendly farmer...plenty close by to where you are.....nice safe hill back stop....

Thats my plan once the weather gets better again. Would it be worthwhile going for a shoot at one of the clubs and just having a go at the long stuff? I'm confident at 200 which is all ive been able to shoot out to so far.

ebf
    There are fullbore clubs at Otorohanga and at Whatawhata if you want to give longer distances a go.

If you are more interested in hunting than paper punching, look up the local NZDA club. Some of them have ranges as well.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by NzHeavyHauler View Post
    .........waste a few hours scrolling through the forum."Cheers
    Why bother?
    outlander likes this.

couple of hours away I know but Tokoroa and Taupo both have great range facilities....

Welcome

Welcome to the forum.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Why would you not theres plenty of awesome info on here. I come from a non hunting family so love reading through all the threads especially in regards to the 60s and 70s deer culling

Will look into that ive heard tokoroa is a good club. Can anyone go to these clubs or do you have to be accompanied by a member?

Hi, Welcome aboard.
    Use enough gun