Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JessicaChen

Thread: Kia ora everyone

Kia ora everyone

Hey everyone,
    I signed up to this forum ages ago but thought I’d come here and introduce myself. My name is Alex, up until recently I was living in Auckland but recently moved to Hamilton chasing a new job. Never been hunting but ultra keen to learn. Have spent some time outdoors through Army Cadets though. Don’t have FAL (yet) and was applying for it but not sure how I’ll go since I’ve had to move and dealing with landlords etc.
    do have some shooting experience though and keen to get back in to archery until such time as I can get FAL.
    If anyone wants a tag along for hunts and stuff let me know!

Welcome to the forum. Great introduction! All the best with finding a hunting partner, there’s plenty of good buggers and free advice here so I like your chances ��

Likewise. I joined a while ago but fell out of hunting and communicating here. Came back and ready to get back into bush stalking. Slowly learning as well. Have you thought of joining the Hamilton deerstalkers association? Great way to get into it.
    308 and timattalon like this.

Haere mai

Welcome
    Use enough gun

Yeah I probably will do that eventually, pretty keen to get amongst it once I sort this FAL out and get a rifle set up

Greetings and salutations

Quote Originally Posted by un4giv3n View Post
    Yeah I probably will do that eventually, pretty keen to get amongst it once I sort this FAL out and get a rifle set up
    I can recommend doing a HUNTS course with your local Deerstalkers but just reading the book is a good start
    Lots of advice here, good to see ya