Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Max Headroom
  • 1 Post By Been Upto

Thread: Kiaora from Kapati

Kiaora from Kapati

Nzhunting&shooting! What a cool community we have here! I think I’ve caught a serious bug for hunting as I can’t stop thinking of being out in the bush with the dog roaming around in search of the allusive deer! I’m pretty new to the game and glad I’ve found this welth of knowledge here! I’ve got my firearms license, and I’ll b buying a rifle by the end of the month. If anyone has any recommendations, tips, or just wants a good old yarn get at me! Keen to soak up as much knowledge as I possibly can! If anyone wants to take me under their wing so to speak and take me out for a hunt or down to the shooting range please get in touch!
    Cheers Seb (shaggyrasta)

Welcome. Take time to read old threads and feel free to ask questions. Have a read of what @Been Upto asked when he started.
    Been Upto likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Welcome bro! This hunting bug is addicting alright im still real new to the game aswell. Looking foward to seeing you progress
    Max Headroom likes this.

lots of animals in the western tararuas. get into it!
    #BallisticFists

Hey mate. There is a model 7 .260 on here for sale. Looks like a good buy, good caliber and good rifle

thanks everyone for taking the time! firearms license arrived yesterday! been taking some time to explore the forum, stoked! I've also joined the NZDA just waiting on my application to be reviewed I guess! next step get out there and handle some rifles

SR, not sure what you want in a rifle, but I'll give you a piece of completely unsolicited advice that you can choose to completely ignore if it suits.

Choose a brand that's common, like Tikka or Howa, and also a calibre that is also common, like 223 (good and cheap for learning to shoot) and then 243, 7mm08, 270 or 308, for malletting deer.

This way, you will have easy access to spare or aftermarket parts, ammunition, knowledge about the rifle, ie what it realistically can and can't do.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20