Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeeOhh

Thread: New member intro

New member intro

Hey team!

New to the page so best do the whole intro thing, have been on the page as a guest and there is a wealth of knowledge on here so registered to get more involved.
    Started on a red hunt 3 years ago and fully hooked on filling the freezer with organic free range meat for family and friends. Toyed around with different 30cals and still unsure what to settle on.
    Also do the annual trip down south chasing whats left of the Tahr.

Look forward to getting involved in the page!

Cheers
    Nickman likes this.

Welcome D.O.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome along.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

no matter how much they cull, there will be plenty of thar (i hope) the damn buggas are as indestructable as taxindas control of msm.
    i have to ask why a 30 cal? now i shot with 7.62x39 for goats and pig for years, i was a 308 fan for many more. now i use a 7mmrm

Welcome, mate! New member myself.

I hunted a valley this winter that had 2500 nannies culled from it not long before. Other than the animals being very high, it made for great hunting as every group of nannies we saw had a couple of satellite bulls and at least one mature bull. That's a potential silver lining assuming they are being as selective as they claim.

I've been a fan of the 7mm RM for tahr and have recently purchased a 7mm08 for closer stuff, which I'm getting cut down and suppressed as we speak.

Happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    no matter how much they cull, there will be plenty of thar (i hope) the damn buggas are as indestructable as taxindas control of msm.
    i have to ask why a 30 cal? now i shot with 7.62x39 for goats and pig for years, i was a 308 fan for many more. now i use a 7mmrm
    Yeah hopefully don’t mind taking the gun for a walk and if ya see something even better. Your 7.62 is 30 cal?? Have a 300WM but destroyed a bit more meat than desired last hunt so may look to a 7RM or WSM yet not sure. You shooting tikka? And hand loads?

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Edunn View Post
    Welcome, mate! New member myself.

I hunted a valley this winter that had 2500 nannies culled from it not long before. Other than the animals being very high, it made for great hunting as every group of nannies we saw had a couple of satellite bulls and at least one mature bull. That's a potential silver lining assuming they are being as selective as they claim.

I've been a fan of the 7mm RM for tahr and have recently purchased a 7mm08 for closer stuff, which I'm getting cut down and suppressed as we speak.

Happy hunting.
    Jeez they’re hammering them aye but still plenty of numbers as you’ve seen. Nice choice, may need to do the same and have a 2nd rifle, done are the days of one rifle does it all. Cheers.