Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Greeting?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Welcome

12 75.00%
  • Bugger off!

2 12.50%
  • What? Another SAFFER?!?!?

2 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread

Wink And so the invasion continues

Howdy,

Another shooter from SA looking at heading your way. We're still doing the investigations into what your country is like and if we can see ourselves building a new life over there.

I'm not really an avid hunter, but love me some game! I really enjoy shooting and at the moment mainly compete in SADPA (SA version of IDPA) and their version of 3 gun nation (DMG - Defensive Multi-Gun). What sort of run 'n gun sports are available that side? Would be nice to start considering shooting sports for the pure enjoyment of it instead of as a means to get more time behind it for when I have to use it for real.

I hope to be spending more time on this site and getting a feel for what you guys are about and hopefully milking all the information out of you lot that you have to share.

Play nice,
    Gunna (oh... if the Gunna that has the nick and isn't using it reads this... gimme! )

P38
    @GunnaZA

Welcome to the best Hunting and Shooting Forum on the Net.

If your looking for some run n gun activities then the obvious choice is IPSC and 3 Gun events.

Once your settled in NZ you can apply to the Local Police for a Firearms Licence and Join a Pistol Club.

Your Firearms Licence allows you to posses Rifles and Shotguns only, however with the correct security installed in your home you can also possess Endorsed Firearms.

These being:

"B" endorsement, allowing you to possess Pistols for competition use.

"C" endorsement allows you to collect a wide range of restricted firearms, however these firearms are not allowed to be used, just collected.

"E" endorsement allows you to possess and use Military Style Semi Automatic Rifles (MSSA's)

"F" endorsement allows you to become a Firearms dealer.

Check out our firearms licencing laws here.
    Firearms licence - standard license | New Zealand Police

To gain your "B" endorsement you will need to be a member of a Pistol Club and have the support of that Club after a probationary period to apply for this endorsement.
    You can find out about Competition Pistol Shooting in NZ Here at the Pistol NZ website.
    Pistol New Zealand

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Pete

Thanks for all the info Pete,

Gotten quite a bit of info from current NZ residents that belong to a ZA forum I'm on. They seem to be more into the long guns so the pistol info is appreciated.

Sure I'll potter around with shotgun and rifle for a while before I consider getting back into pistol shooting though

Have a good one!

F is for shop staff to handle restricted firearms in their work.

D is the dealers license

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    F is for shop staff to handle restricted firearms in their work.

D is the dealers license
    You'd think but "D" is not an Endorsement.

Fire arms Dealers require an additional Licence to conduct this type of business and an "F" endorsement

F’ Endorsement (29(2)(f ) Arms Act 1983)

Arms Dealers and their Employees/Agents:

This allows dealers and their employees/agents to possess pistols and restricted weapons but only in their capacity as a dealer or employee/agent of a dealer. This endorsement is usually issued together with an endorsement issued under section 30(b) of the Arms Act 1983 to enable dealing in MSSAs as well.

Cheers
    Pete