Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Canada pictures

Canada pictures

Some pictures one of my kids has been sendingName:  image-0-02-01-ec05b094197520158994f5338e5fa920583d438bc8a38773bf6bc444f73cc933-V.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  99.0 KB

Name:  image-0-02-01-8a8fb4e3ad14f848e86a72123e7b786b584b9e0f7a3ad14386787dc8a61efee1-V.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  97.1 KB
    Kate with a client.

Name:  image-0-02-01-788a1d2d675f1b9d35cf2da9faedcdfb7878d134a8a31fa3416f8f2d6c810009-V.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  96.9 KB
    P38, 199p, Boaraxa and 4 others like this.

that's a big Ram, proud dad as well I bet.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Apparently the ram doesn't score that well.
    I'm more envious than proud. She didn't shoot it, just put the client on to it.
    She's living my dream.
    Wildman, veitnamcam, Pengy and 3 others like this.

Cool place Canada, plenty of game and beautiful scenery.

Canada is an absolutely beautiful place, the National parks are so massive and the picturesque landscapes never seemed to end.

The wildlife is amazing, is very cool being with touching distance (being attacked distance) of a massive bull elk.
    Never felt inclined to what to hunt anything there, animals seemed too tame, so used to humans and so many of them, that hunting would've felt unsporting.
    Boaraxa likes this.

Nice pics. I have been threatening to visit my aunt on Vancouver island for years, but keep putting it off.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Nice pics. I have been threatening to visit my aunt on Vancouver island for years, but keep putting it off.
    Silly not to go,you'll enjoy for sure....no bad comments about it so far,
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Canada is an absolutely beautiful place, the National parks are so massive and the picturesque landscapes never seemed to end.

The wildlife is amazing, is very cool being with touching distance (being attacked distance) of a massive bull elk.
    Never felt inclined to what to hunt anything there, animals seemed too tame, so used to humans and so many of them, that hunting would've felt unsporting.
    For some just getting to Canada would be a mish , decent elk & whitetail is on my hit list a moose would be cool but from what I have seen online they kind of look happy you no just doing there thing so undecided if id shoot one, mule deer the list go,s on !!

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    For some just getting to Canada would be a mish , decent elk & whitetail is on my hit list a moose would be cool but from what I have seen online they kind of look happy you no just doing there thing so undecided if id shoot one, mule deer the list go,s on !!
    I feel the same about shooting things up there now. Thirty years ago I would have been keen to bring heads back. But now I think I'd be happy to watch them in their home environment and leave them there.

She hasn't been back to base(and internet) for quite a while so haven't had any more pictures. Getting the occasional message via inreach. Apparently she is in serious bear country so hopefully she has some good pictures to send.
    veitnamcam and EeeBees like this.

Boaraxa...yeah mate,the moose thing is a tough one.Shot one in Alaska,and Christ,what a lot of meat to pack out.We were floating the susitna,inflatable,and it just stood there,not much of a hunt at all.Biggest issue was getting it out before the wolves and grizz boys showed up.Only time I've ever really seen moose get pissed off,are cows with calves,good luck with that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

my missus brought back a copy of the hunting regulations.... more like a phone book or encyclopedia! you would need someone who knows the rules to help for sure
    Use enough gun

Not all areas in Canada are easy hunting. When hunting season opens up there are a lot of hunters around especially in the area my son lives. Hunting is hard / different in his area as we have tried the Kiwi way hunting the bush but found the animals are more weary of foot hunters than quads and vehicles. My best Mule deer buck was shot from the truck after driving up a track after a frosty night, the buck was white with frost and only about 70 yards away and sitting down.
    Some of the vast remote areas would have animals that have never seen humans so they would be easier to hunt than other areas. Still its a great place to be and hunt.
    veitnamcam and berg243 like this.

Bucket list and with 1 of mmwsm deaughters as a guide. Why because of that beautiful smile and I.m positive that it would be a very rewarding experience. My daughter is 20 yrs this month and we still hunt occasionally together. Would take her as well.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"