Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Banned

handy cam tripods ?

Hey so im looking to get a secondhand tripod on trademe for in the bush!one i can carry around easily and is easy to operate when its all happening.Thanks for any help ( no clue about tripods so laymans term plse).

I use a small one at the river but don't think it would be suitable in the bush,you would need quite a tall one.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I bought a cheap as Kathmandu one for about $20. Its made of super light alloy so I wouldn't think it's very strong but for what it is, it's suitable for the camera. It extends out to be about 1.4mtrs high and when folded down is approx 35cm. It's light enough to carry around in the day bag for any hunt. You can spend a lot on them but for one you will most likely carry more than you will use to me the cheap and light option seemed the winner.

you could consider a "gorilla pod" it has 3 legs that can b wrapped arround a tree branch or fence post, whatever.
    the genuine artical is around $60 for a little one suitable for a handy cam, the big one is about $100 i think.
    i got one each for the pocket cam and the canon dslr. they are bloody good. but i got a knock off one from ebay for about 4 bucks posted or something silly.
    anyway google it and chek them out
    greg

Banned
    cheers for the info guys.

I used ( lost it) one of those walking pole things , but it was made by leica . Has a ball handle that you unscrew , the thread is same used on cameras, handy cams and binos . Was way better for action shots as is way quicker . With bonus of being able to shoot of it . Telescopic and very lite . Was very cool , don't no where to replace it I'd get another in a heart beat. Don't no if that would work for you.?
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    I have a Gorilla knock off - pretty sweet.
    Can attach it to almost anything

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    I have a Gorilla knock off - pretty sweet.
    Can attach it to almost anything
    +1

I've got the SLR gorilla pod, pretty decent. Even wrapped it around the rearview mirror and chucked the video camera on it to see how it went while I was driving, it worked well.
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded