Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Night_Into_Day
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Convoy L21B Red Clearance

Convoy L21B Red Clearance

Clearing out my Convoy L21B Red beam stock for another model.

$150 down to $80

I was modifying this model for an increase from 650m range to 850m, however since this modification takes ages I'm not going to do it for $80, not worth my time. The part is being produced in the factory and will be available to those who want it, once ready, it'll only cost you the price of postage. Without this mod the beam will be more spread out for a wider area coverage. Some will prefer this over the super tight beam at 850m.

The great news is, an increase of range for less than my smaller C8+ model and you get an upgrade to max range within roughly 2 months who request it.

A remote switch is also now available.

Unfortunately a massive post on my green and red models was removed yesterday due to a certain member being banned very annoying since it had heaps of info and feedback from many customers.
    Last edited by Night_Into_Day; 12-12-2021 at 08:17 PM.
    Micky Duck likes this.

throwing baby out with bathwater comes to mind.......

Decided to also clear out the L21B NM1 White at 1250m range, 1,450m with my mod. I have a large selection of LEDs and I need to reduce the range, too much to stock in my small office space and less confusing for people browsing.

I was modifying all L21B models, but this one along with the Red are on clearance without it. Mod part will be available for both once it's ready from the factory. It was taking me 30 minutes each unit and I just don't have the time anymore with the YouTube reviews I'm making for companies. I have a limited number of parts already made, just not enough for all, hence my decision

Any recommendation for possum spotlighting.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
    Any recommendation for possum spotlighting.
    Mounted or handheld? If only handheld, you can't beat the Astrolux FT03 models on clearance . Added quite a few models in the clearance section, but still need to measure the range. Clearing the office of heaps of parts so assembled quite a few models

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Into_Day View Post
    Mounted or handheld?
    Head light.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
    Head light.
    The Cyansky HS6R beats the very popular Nitecore HC65 easily.

PM,d

I s there a head lamp in green with 2 power levels, mainly for walking.

Sorry, no green LED headlamps. I would have happily installed one into the Sofirn SP40, but yesterday I built up heaps of models with all the parts I have. Heaps of cheap models in the clearance section including Green torches

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Into_Day View Post
    Sorry, no green LED headlamps. I would have happily installed one into the Sofirn SP40, but yesterday I built up heaps of models with all the parts I have. Heaps of cheap models in the clearance section including Green torches
    Have a green torch which is great, wanted a walking light which if is not available I will design with some green cellophane over an old white headlamp.

Is the convoy L21b red a better option than the c+ for a scope set up?
    Also are the red beams a lot better on game than the white or is there not a lot of difference?
    Am finding rabbits just keep running with the white beam

Was also wondering whether a handheld thermal would be a good option to find then use a spotlight for pest control?
    Save our Tahr. They belong in the southern alps.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    Is the convoy L21b red a better option than the c+ for a scope set up?
    Also are the red beams a lot better on game than the white or is there not a lot of difference?
    Am finding rabbits just keep running with the white beam

Was also wondering whether a handheld thermal would be a good option to find then use a spotlight for pest control?
    That would depend on how far out you want to spot animals. I would suggest just getting the C8+ for 250 - 300m. The L21B has a narrower beam, so closer range for rabbits is going to suck.

I have the Convoy Z1 in white, green, and red which has an adjustable beam. I haven't got them on the website yet. $80 + $26.50 for battery and charger. It has a body diameter of 28mm, so you'd need my adjustable mount or something else that takes 30mm.

Someone else might be able to chip in on using a thermal, I know @zeropak uses a thermal for spotting and a red torch mounted.

@yogi....try putting center of beam off the bunny,just have it in perifial light,just enough to still see it in scope,thats a trick we used a lot in mckenzie country 20 years ago..the rabbit thinks you are now looking at something else so stops still.
    yogi likes this.