Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By T.FOYE
  • 1 Post By Mr Browning
  • 1 Post By timattalon
  • 2 Post By Mr Browning

Thread: $8.50 trigger locks

$8.50 trigger locks

Was looking at upping my security in my gunsafe and came across these. No idea what they're like but i ordered one to see. Its only gotta be a functioning hindrance (and not scratch anything)
    https://www.tsbliving.co.nz/products...-lock-with-key
    Moa Hunter likes this.

"Its only gotta be a functioning hindrance"

It will do that just fine. And they have a rubberised cushion so they dont scratch anything.
    T.FOYE likes this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

I've ordered one off TM. I'm rural, and this outfit wanted $25 postage! Mine cost $11, including postage.

Merely a hindrance for a child. I purchased them for my rifles and then found our easy they were to remove with no keys

I had one like that and when we lost the key we discovered that they were easy to bypass. The one I had did not use a lock to hold it in place. It used a key to wind a bolt in in a thread. so a dap of super glue and attach a bolt to it and it was able to be opened without tools...

What I did was to run a cable from a bicycle lock full width of the cabinet, then got some smaller bike locks and I put those round the cable and through the rifles (through the action / mag well on bolt actions, or around the stock and through the trigger guard on the others....It does help if you get the smaller ones all keyed the same but it is possible with just padlocks, but if someone steals your keys, having a few extra keys on the chain helps....

If you have 3 keys to open something, put another 4 or 5 keys of the same type on the key ring that fit into, but wont turn the lock - that slows them down. And that works with door keys, car keys etc Same principal applies to TV remotes etc, put the incompatible remote (decoy) where it can be easily found and keep the one you actually use where it is less likely to be located. That way if it gets pinched they are worth less as the remote wont work so at least the cnut wont get paid for his illegal endeavours...
    T.FOYE likes this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Quote Originally Posted by thejavelin View Post
    Merely a hindrance for a child. I purchased them for my rifles and then found our easy they were to remove with no keys
    Yeah, but youre a "fit and proper" person, so you have brains. It would take a meth-head criminal a month to work that out.
    Ben-tard and T.FOYE like this.

At least if you get another one in 12 months time, you will be able to use the same key as the other one lol