Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Zedteq Knives

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar

Zedteq Knives

Right'o Ive been talking to Darren at Zedteq & we are going to do a NZHS bulk buy on the knives that are available off his website ( Darren is currently in the process of updating his line up & website )

The deal is a 20% discount , eg a $200 RRP will be $160 + postage, with a small percentage going back into the forum

The stipulations are we need a minimum of 10-12 confirmed orders made through the forum & once all the payments are in the forum bank account I'll place the order & they will be sent asap

Put your name down if you're keen (if you are unsure what design you would like,then put your name down & that can be finalized closer to the ordering date )

also since we all have different preferences on what we like & in the rare instance that you are unhappy with the feel / style you choose once you receive it, then I can arrange for you to send it back & exchange it for another style of equal value ( as long as its unused & within a few days )

these are a very good quality knife & great value at that price so get into it

Order list

Philipo
    Kiwi Greg
    Veitnamcam
    lostledgen
    midge
    Kokako
    Last edited by Philipo; 31-05-2012 at 01:37 AM. Reason: adding punters
    midge and kokako like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Phil put me down for one of these at this stage, I may get another

Gut Hook Drop Point GHK-110-FG-AS

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Bugger... My new zedteq slimline Skinner should be sitting in the mailbox now...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Good stuff Greg

Yeah shit sorry about that Sam I had'nt spooken to Darren at that stage, will be intresed to see what you think, if you're happy with it & would like to order another Im sure we can do a special deal since you paid RRP for the last one

How hard are these Knives?
    I want something that the "average" punter will not be able to sharpen.(im am not the average punter)
    Blade flexibility is not an issue.
    After spending untold hours making my "perfect" hunting knife 3 times because I kept losing them I bought a green river budget knife and while serviceable it pisses me off how quickly it goes blunt.
    For some reason you never lose something you dont particularly like but something you cherish is gone.
    Wirehunt likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Re- hardness, according to his website they are C58-60 on the Rockwell scale

Any questions e-mail Darren on dre243@gmail.com as his Zedteq e-mail addy was bombed by Paki spammers

Pencil me in for one. Would have to be next month tho, Already getting stick for hunting expenditure

i'm keen on getting a Standard Skinner knife.

My slimline Skinner... Skinned a full Bull tahr with it this week

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1337395887787.jpg
Views: 1393
Size:  15.3 KB

Sweet thats a nice shaped blade, what did you think of it Sam?

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Sweet thats a nice shaped blade, what did you think of it Sam?
    Yeah I like the blade shape too. I'm really happy with the knife, well finished with a good solid and secure sheath. Very good value for money, even at retail price...

I haven't used it enough to comment on the steel, other than to say I didn't have to touch the edge on it to take off a full bull skin. The other guy with me commented on how nice a knife it was as well...

Darren was really helpful, emailed heaps of photos of various knives and was more than happy to answer questions I had on various things.

Philipo likes this.

Hi,

these knives can be custom hardened if required. A comment concerning hardness, I have read that even files (which have to be hard-as) are stress relief tempered at 175C.

I have been doing a bit of breakage testing recently looking at tempering temperature versus breakage characteristics - rough results - 200C brittle fracture, no permanent set in the test piece, 220 C, brittle fracture with some permamanent set; 240C, brittle / ductile fracture with permanent set in the test piece. If they are tempered at say 200 - 210 C I find they can chip a bit on the edge and therfore might be more prone to occasional half moon big chips - when used e.g. to lever joints apart. But then we NEVER do that - right???

If anyone is interested I can look at generating more test data and posting a few breakage photos...

Excuse the username - one doesn't want to be predictable - Darren zedteq knives
    Philipo likes this.

Good to see you here Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelmangler View Post
    Hi,

these knives can be custom hardened if required. A comment concerning hardness, I have read that even files (which have to be hard-as) are stress relief tempered at 175C.

I have been doing a bit of breakage testing recently looking at tempering temperature versus breakage characteristics - rough results - 200C brittle fracture, no permanent set in the test piece, 220 C, brittle fracture with some permamanent set; 240C, brittle / ductile fracture with permanent set in the test piece. If they are tempered at say 200 - 210 C I find they can chip a bit on the edge and therfore might be more prone to occasional half moon big chips - when used e.g. to lever joints apart. But then we NEVER do that - right???

If anyone is interested I can look at generating more test data and posting a few breakage photos...

Excuse the username - one doesn't want to be predictable - Darren zedteq knives
    Yes please

put me down for a DRP-120RC-ST-BG