Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

This land of food by Graham Kerr

Just been round my 92 year old cousins place to cook him some Tahr backsteaks.
    He has lent me this book I could scan it and send to anyone interested(or at least il get the missus to do it)
    If you know who he is you are officially old
    If not he was a legendary wild food TV chef back in the black and white TV days(before my time and I am already old!)
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yes, I remember those shows being on and would be very interested in getting some of his wild food recipes. Back then it wasn't real blokes viewing, but then again things were a lot simpler then and there weren't TVs in every house anyway, unlike today.
    I would say his recipes would be easy to do as well considering that back then there wouldn't have been the huge range of international ingredients available that we take for granted now.
    I've just cooked up a big leg of hare, boned out and made into a Thai Red Curry with rice and it was bloody beaut !! Back in Graham Kerrs day it would have just been casseroled by most people (nothing wrong with that though) and his shows did a lot to encourage people to be more adventurous with there cooking.

. . . and yes, I'm officially old now, I've had one payment and the gold card is in the mail. . . . .

Some time over the next few days we will get it scaned and il send it to ya.
    If only flicked threw it so far.Its not just cooking very pro farm wild game get it on the international market sort of forward thinking for the time.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Thanks, look fwd to it.