Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiwi Greg
  • 2 Post By Got-ya
  • 1 Post By johnd

Thread: Realiable meat grinders??

Realiable meat grinders??

Now that im getting more deer im pretty keen to make some mince and sausages. The brands that i could find was keenwood,kogan,asian brands. Can anyone recommend a good brand with good motor and sharp blades from the get go. Cheers

The bgger Kenwood model. Use mine a lot. Provides a great deal of quality mince for us, and all the scraps minced for the dogs.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....grinder-43001/
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    The bgger Kenwood model. Use mine a lot. Provides a great deal of quality mince for us, and all the scraps minced for the dogs.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....grinder-43001/
    My ones like that can't remember the model, it was the dearest one, was well worth the extra, just absolutely chews through the meat

yip we use the kenwood...same as ol Mum used for baking for years..bougth it to stuff sausages as much as mincing...then out of the blue we found a George Foreman mincer which is better still...loud as all heck but fair chews through mincing. Ive used the square industrial ones that cost close to a grand,they are very good but thats a lot of $$$ to fork out.

Thanks guys will get a kenwood this week ����

Everest Meat Mincer TC 12 Series 2000 Unger | Delivery and local service agents NZ wideNeed help ? Call our experts on 0800 7576 8323

These are fantastic, leave the rest for dead, downside is not cheap but if you do a lot it's worth it.

I haven't made sausages in mine yet, but I was told prior to purchasing mine that the slower the grinder rotational speed the better. It prevents heat build up in the unit which transfers to the sausage meat during the double grind process.
    Check out https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....mincers-26287/
    You searched for mincer - Netropolitan

Name:  20190719_171920 (002).jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  59.1 KB

All done with Everest, Well the mince part anyway.
    Bobba and mimms2 like this.

Banned
    Tip;once cut to appropriate size chunks for your mincer,put meat in the freezer till it firms up,the edges and corners get hard.
    Makes it go through the mincer cleaner and cuts better,also helps stop meat warming up

The larger Kenwood is the best I have found without shelling out for an expensive commercial jobby.
    Can take quite big chunks of meat and is grunty. Mince and sausages.

After several uses the cutter on mine started to clog with silver skin which I thought was a fault, but I actually found that a plastic ferrel at the back of the grinder body had come out. There was a spare with the machine and once I popped that back in normal service was resumed.

They are a good machine and I use mine a lot, like several kilos of mince every 2 or 3 weeks.

I have something similar to the everest, smaller mincers have a reverse ... thats for when they get stuck. These ones dont need a reverse as they have the power to mince not mush.
    Depends how serious you are about mine and sausages. Bit of the old buy once cry once sometimes,
    Got-ya likes this.

I bought a kenwood 1400w model and used it for a couple years but unfortunately when mincing Paua, something went bang and that was the end of that.
    Now looking at other options but really want something that will last better.
    Save our Tahr. They belong in the southern alps.