Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By bunji

Thread: What Home Made Hunting/Spear Fishing/Jet Boating Snack Grab Packs Do You Make ?

What Home Made Hunting/Spear Fishing/Jet Boating Snack Grab Packs Do You Make ?

Got this lot ready in bulk as l have my 60th Birthday get together over a 4 day week end bash where we are using a mates Bach on the coast as base for a group Hunt/Spear Fish/Jet Boating get away & if the Weather/ Spear Fishing& Hunting is good a few of us will stay on for a couple of extra days .As we were making batches anyway we decided to just do bulk lots with Xmas/New Year get togethers etc added to the mix.

Just finished cutting up the last of the Home Made Bacon, Biltong & Jerky batches for Vac Packing, missus will be busy this arvo while l finish up all the odd jobs on the Farm & get workers organized before we head off tomorrow for our first few days break since our Roar hunts & the Lock Downs .

For anyone making their own Jerky , we found cold smoking over night before drying really added to flavor of our Jerky & l will be doing it from now on ,same as Vac Packing it so it all sitting ready to just grab & go for Hunting/Spear Fishing/Jet Boating etc with no worries on it getting wet etc.From now on going to do large batches like this also ,once everything is set up ie spices, meat & smokers & dryers etc it was too easy just smashing out batches ,with set & forgetting over night & simply whacking another batch on as one comes out & Vac Packing as you go for long term storage .

After over the last couple of years making Jerky & Biltong to cater for others tastes ,from now on l am just making it as we like with a good hit of Chill but not so much to over power ,we have been sampling these batches over the last few days of making & are very happy with the taste & texture ,having both no doubt eaten our body weight in it while pulling it out of driers .

Birthday Bacon Grab Packs

Name:  RED BB Birthday Bacon Sml.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  40.2 KB

Venison Jerky Pile

Name:  RED Birthday Jerky Sml.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  95.2 KB

Chili Biltong

Name:  Red Biltong Chilli Sml.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  76.6 KB

Biltong Grab Packs

Name:  Red Biltong Chilli Grab Pac Sml.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  87.6 KB
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

NEO
    Nice work, I like beef jerky, never tried deer`s. When I went outdoors, I always carry some jerky since I used to eat 4 -5 small meals a day. The best beef jerky I ever tasted was from Tibet, actually is kind of raw meat or half way done. Did you grease those before packing?
    Lone Hunter