Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tommy
  • 4 Post By chrome

Thread: .22LR Mods

.22LR Mods

Ive just picked up a Norinco JW-15A .22LR ...I want to cut the barrel down and fit a suppressor. Can anyone advise on a minimum barrel length? I want to go as short as possible but don't want the round to be effected dramatically. Also what are some good suppressors? Cheers

there are plenty of threads on net about length..its surprisingly short before velocity drops, 12-13" FROM MEMORY.
    as for suppressor/moderators Ive got a manders on mine and it is as good as the large Spartan eg they BOTH seem to reduce noise the same..which tells me the manders must be good as Spartan is waaaay over kill as it is for my .223

I have the Jw15a with over barrel suppressor. The barrel itself is only eleven inches. If you search Winchester chrony, I did some chrony work with it so that'll give some good info I'm sure. The average wasn't much under the speed on the box

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Like mickey Duck ,ive got a manders suppressor fitted on my old TOZ17and its done 25yrs+without problems. very good -airrifle is louder .Ive updated recently with a norinco JW15s complete with suppressor-wicked wee unit ideal. for the truck.

Yeah that's what I'm after.. short and quiet! Cheers smidey I'll have a read of that. Can anyone recommend a good gun smith in Palmy North?

Quote Originally Posted by jackbowring View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm after.. short and quiet! Cheers smidey I'll have a read of that. Can anyone recommend a good gun smith in Palmy North?
    Scott trail ssrnz
    VIVA LA HOWA

Banned
    I cut my .22 as short as I could legally and ended up with the muzzle halfway up my head with suppressor fitted. A bit disconcerting esp.if you have one up the spout. Ended up with a piece of plastic tube extending out over the suppressor to lengthen it again.

Translate please?
    veitnamcam likes this.

I'm guessing when it's shouldered on a sling the muzzle is nudging his noggin. Hopefully unloaded when it's tapping close to his skull

Sent from the swamp

Aaaaah

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrome View Post
    I'm guessing when it's shouldered on a sling the muzzle is nudging his noggin. Hopefully unloaded when it's tapping close to his skull

Sent from the swamp
    Darwin may disagree if that is the case.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

.22LR Mods

If you have one up the spout I think it should be in hand at half cock. Or if you are on sling bolt closed on empty chamber.
    If you want to carry it loaded at least you are pointing it in a safe direction when it's in your hands. To me that's at the ground not the sky

Sent from the swamp