Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Fssprecision
  • 1 Post By Fssprecision
  • 2 Post By Bill999
  • 2 Post By Fssprecision

Thread: 38 Spl Carbine

38 Spl Carbine

I have had a length of 38/357 barrel blank lying around for a while now and finally got some time to do something with it. Using a new 410 action as a base, I machined the barrel blank to fit, profiled it and chambered for 38 Spl.

A bit of work was required to remodel the extractor to drag out the 38 Spl cases and it works just fine.

I thought it also needed a K baffle suppressor to keep it comfortable to shoot so one was made and parts anodized.

The barrel was a Walther Cro-molly so just a light bead blast and all was good.

So time to take it out today, it is a honey to shoot and very light at less than 3 KG all up. Interestingly the factory 38 ammo runs supersonic through this but the suppressor makes it very comfortable to fire without hearing protection.

Now this was never meant to be a target rifle but just a few rounds at around 40 yards are proving quite acceptable from this pistol cartridge carbine. I am sure this can be vastly improved with a bit of custom loading and a better sight.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Fssprecision; 13-07-2022 at 10:04 PM.

Nice work. Some wadcutter loads could see even tighter groups. Is the chamber fit for .357 Mag as well?

Thanks, don't know if I will spend time developing a load, most likely pass it on now.

No I just chambered for 38 given that it is similar pressure to 410.
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

I bet the next time you see it it will be full of blood, bracken fern and pig hair

cool little bail gun
    Micky Duck and Fssprecision like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    I bet the next time you see it it will be full of blood, bracken fern and pig hair

cool little bail gun
    Hope so, tool for a job, I might even put a bayonet lug on it ha ha ha.
    Bill999 and Joe_90 like this.