Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Brno model 2 sight removal?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    canterbury
    Posts
    838

    Brno model 2 sight removal?

    Looking at getting one of these to fix up for my son in law.

    How easy or hard is it to remove the rear sights ?
    Don't have one I can look at and need to know if it
    screwed on
    Dovetailed on
    Soldered on
    Integral with the barrel
    Etc

    Front will go when suppressor is fitted.

  2. #2
    Member Wingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    479
    If its the mod 2 .22lr your speak of, it has a sliding type ramp sight that has a cross pin holding the leaf in. It can be knocked out with a pin punch. They are tapered on one end so come out easier one way than the other

  3. #3
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,251
    Easy to remove the rear sight, but you cant remove the sight bracket which is part of the barrel
    #27GANG

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    canterbury
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Easy to remove the rear sight, but you cant remove the sight bracket which is part of the barrel
    That's what I wanted to know.
    So the base is perminatly attached then and would be a cut and grind and draw file to get a clean barrel then

  5. #5
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,251
    Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    That's what I wanted to know.
    So the base is perminatly attached then and would be a cut and grind and draw file to get a clean barrel then
    yeap, although im pretty sure someone on here was talking about their one that had the base turned off the barrel.... was it @mikee or @Shearer ?? Im not sure
    #27GANG

  6. #6
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Easy to remove the rear sight, but you cant remove the sight bracket which is part of the barrel
    Oh yes you can, On the one I sold I had the sight removed by an "actual gunsmith" who actually could fix stuff properly the first time, and the barrel re-profiled to remove the step/shoulder left behind after the sight base removal then re-blued after the front sight was removed and barrel shortened an threaded for suppressor.

    The rear sight is also part of what holds the action into the stock so mounting was changed to same as centre-fire action (3 screws) shot well before and after.
    If anyone ever finds a Bruno Model 2, serial number 350444 I would like to buy it back as I sold it in a fit of stupidity as I just had to have a Remington 597
    Tommy and csmiffy like this.

  7. #7
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,073
    Im keen on the sight parts if you have no interest in keeping them?
    Tommy likes this.
    Use enough gun

  8. #8
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    W-BOP
    Posts
    4,955
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Oh yes you can, On the one I sold I had the sight removed by an "actual gunsmith" who actually could fix stuff properly the first time, and the barrel re-profiled to remove the step/shoulder left behind after the sight base removal then re-blued after the front sight was removed and barrel shortened an threaded for suppressor.

    The rear sight is also part of what holds the action into the stock so mounting was changed to same as centre-fire action (3 screws) shot well before and after.
    If anyone ever finds a Bruno Model 2, serial number 350444 I would like to buy it back as I sold it in a fit of stupidity as I just had to have a Remington 597
    faaaaark
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  9. #9
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    faaaaark
    I had a rem 597 and what a piece of shit it was. (still is)
    Use enough gun

  10. #10
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,883
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    I had a rem 597 and what a piece of shit it was. (still is)
    Yeah and the shitty magazines were the main issue with the one I have now, Gen 1 mags = shit, gen 2 mags = shit and gen 3 mages = shit so I gave up and its been in the back of the safe unfired for 10 years

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    I had a rem 597 and what a piece of shit it was. (still is)
    And yet a good friend of mine years ago had one of the first 597's in 17hmr. we called it the hand of god. It was a cracking rifle. sadly it suffered from the same fate a lot did and blew out the extractor (I think). I cant remember if he got it fixed or replaced with a 22 magnum which I think was the options from the gunshop.

  12. #12
    Member 40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Jaffa
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    And yet a good friend of mine years ago had one of the first 597's in 17hmr. we called it the hand of god. It was a cracking rifle. sadly it suffered from the same fate a lot did and blew out the extractor (I think). I cant remember if he got it fixed or replaced with a 22 magnum which I think was the options from the gunshop.
    That makes me glad I sold mine... I brought a safe and guns /ammo on trademe. kept the ammo and cleaning supplies etc. sold the 597 after taking it to pieces and I saw the shitty insides etc. it never failed to feed though, must have not shot it enough!
    Use enough gun

  13. #13
    Ex stick thrower madjon_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond. Tasman.and Oz
    Posts
    2,694
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    I had a rem 597 and what a piece of shit it was. (still is)
    SHIT. I gave up on mine,put it on tm $reserve, got $126 with a $260 dollar scope and then gave fastway $75.Stove piped more than it fired.
    Well pleased to be rid of it
    40mm likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    CHCH
    Posts
    323
    I am going the other way,I need a rear sight tension spring for my BRNO .22 because someone has removed it (and lost it )......have contacted Kilwell to see if they have any replacement parts for these rifles.....

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    463
    Any photos of chopped and suppressed Bruno’s?thinking about having mine done as the barrel is sooo long compared to my old jw15,seems a bit of a shame chopping such a nice gun down tho.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2018, 07:41 PM
  2. WTB: Brno rear sight..
    By Biggun708 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-10-2017, 04:12 PM
  3. WTB: Brno Model 2 front sight hood
    By Apocalypticaman in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-05-2017, 10:19 PM
  4. WTB: WTB - Front sight hood for Brno Mod 2
    By Dama dama in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2016, 10:08 AM
  5. WTB: BRNO zkk rear sight
    By Timmay in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-06-2016, 10:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!