Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Forming 221 Fireball / 20 Vartarg brass

Hi. Here follows some self explanatory images again. Although its not a deep step by step reloading technique, it can help some new reloaders (yes, I know, there are waaay more advanced techniques than that one). I will post my results when I return from the range.
    Sorry some english mistakes cos I just have this time (2:20 AM) to upload and write it. Time when baby and wife sleep. Cheers

Name:  1a.jpg
Views: 3024
Size:  169.2 KB

Name:  1aa.jpg
Views: 1803
Size:  159.4 KB

Name:  1aaa.jpg
Views: 4153
Size:  209.8 KB

Name:  1b.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  173.3 KB

Name:  1c.jpg
Views: 1949
Size:  175.6 KB

Name:  1d.jpg
Views: 1541
Size:  167.1 KB

Name:  1e.jpg
Views: 1593
Size:  202.8 KB

Name:  1f.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  190.3 KB

Name:  1g.jpg
Views: 2550
Size:  190.0 KB

Name:  1h.jpg
Views: 1535
Size:  157.7 KB

Name:  1i.jpg
Views: 2016
Size:  175.4 KB
    P38, veitnamcam, Bryan and 3 others like this.

Now show us the deliverer! Man you have done a very technical bit of work with impressive end product.
    Blaser likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Hi, thanks for the compliments guys. Here is my last self explanatory images for this project. Also, I have received a few PM's/emails if I can turn some 223 into 221/20VT. Yes, I can do that. Let's see if its worth for both parts.
    Regards

Name:  a.jpg
Views: 1573
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  b.jpg
Views: 2842
Size:  168.0 KB

Name:  c.jpg
Views: 1671
Size:  160.0 KB

Name:  d.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  144.3 KB

Name:  e.jpg
Views: 1560
Size:  80.8 KB
    Bryan, Toby and Uplandstalker like this.

What's the rifle? That's a nice bit of shooting, what distance? And what condition were the groups shot in? It's an accurate little beast. You take this pretty seriously compared to my mucking around, enjoyed your thread thanks!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Awesome stuff. Love this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Awesome stuff. Love this thread
    Wish you could shoot like that Toby?
    Toby likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Was that load development groups at different charges or seating depths?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

i was thinking about getting a second one from 21st shooting, which looks nice too, but they may not have those "adaptors" to use my k&m mandrel. i got some more images to upload now but i am sleeping sitting up so will post tomorrow. what is your main goal? hunting, paper shooting, long range, short BR?
    The adapters were available from PMA via "special order" when I got mine I corresponded with them via email as they were not advertising the adapters on their website. If you are seating your bullets such that the tapered section of the boat tail is not below the donut you don't need to worry about the donut.

I use my wildcat for hunting it has worked great except for the inevitable loss of brass. I use a rough homemade anealer with a timer and the same torch as you. I also use 450 temilaq below the shoulder and 750 inside the case neck to set it up for consistent annealing. It seems to work well

The link to the development of my wild cat are here and some more here It took a while to iron out the bugs. The brass settles down after a couple of firings

This makes my 223 Maximus look dumb and simple. This is a really nice looking round and the end results look great.

Thanks for sharing this.

man, thanks for the words. I really appreciated them.

maca, the rifle is a barnard, with TF UM barrel, 24 inches, 1X10 twist. I would like to use bullets up to 45 gr. Distance was 100 m, without NO wind at all. That was the most calm day I was able to shoot. To do some nice loads you have to have three things: patience (lots), right tools and wife/baby sleeping (or away).

toby, thanks for that!

vietnamcam, I ended up with two loads (17.5 and 18 gr of 2207) with 3 different seating depth each load. Next time I will try .002" and .003 neck tension.

yerimaginary, I will surely contact them. Do you turn neck with carbide cutter? Much better than tool steel? About th annealer, I am still gthering information on motors, speed, RPM's. I am not engineer, so it will take some time yet although the simple setup like I have does the job well. I keep a noisy clock besides me so I can hear the clicks. Good info on your links! Very good.

thanks uplandstalker!

I will soon start making .224 HPBT 52 gr bullets with Berger jackets and carbide dies and I can post the step by step w/ pics if there is enough interest in it.

Cheers

Really interesting thread thanks heaps!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

yes please

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Im with cam on this one. Love seeing this stuff.

yerimaginary, I will surely contact them. Do you turn neck with carbide cutter? Much better than tool steel?
    I am using carbide cutters in the PMA turner. I don't know if it is the shape of the cutter or the carbide vs HSS but I get smoother cuts easier with the PMA. I think I only have a HSS cutter in the K&M. I did strike the problem that is known for the K&M turner that the alloy body heats up, expands and the cutting depth changes you can feel it getting warm in the hand so I bought that heat sink holder thing they sell. Since I bought the PMA with the micrometer depth adjustment it instantly became the go-2 tool.

Also PMA sells this neckturning lube that is slicker than ky. It looks like ATF it's a reddish colour it is really good stuff

Sorry for the tardy reply.
    yerimaginaryM8, I just bought one PMA tool fr me after watching some videos and reading some reviews. I also got the sleeve for the K&M. Tks for the help.
    small_calibre, HERE is the link for the tumbler.
    Another grouping with the VT. I am getting there. Problem is I got the Timney trigger which is heavy to break and a not suitable stock for benchrest.
    Do you guys think its worth the money making a trigger job?
    Cheers
    Name:  tgt.jpg
Views: 1591
Size:  114.5 KB