Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By steven

Thread: Importing AR parts

Importing AR parts

This has probably been asked and answered a million times but here goes anyway. How simple/easy is it to import upper and lower metal also parts kits? And most of all is it really worth it when building from scratch?

Cheers Antz

Can be done, but you will need US export permits for anything over $100 US and the likes of Brownells charge an extra $250 US for that.
    Also is it and A-Cat or E-cat build for NZ import permits? As Police are being dicks over A-Cat parts.

Unless its a hard to find part, I found it easier to buy the parts in NZ, pick and choose from the various NZ sellers and find the best price.
    For example, my recent build had parts from NZAR15.com, NZRAC, On-Target, Spanners and Dr Watson from the forum, Gunznz.com and some imported from Brownells.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Cheers Dogmatix for the help I was thinking Cat A I'll check out the locals first mate

Antz

As long as its under $99.99USD per shipment the postage is cheap and there is no State Department fee. So you can buy small parts, mags, finishing kits, BCG's over say 2 months and save some $s.

I imported some parts from Brownells while the US state department was only charging 3% and the exchange rate was 0.8, it was well worth it. Now the minimum fee is $250USD and we are at 0.65 If you want to get barrels, front guards, lowers and uppers with one or 2 other people so spending $2000USD between you its still worth the $250USD State department fee IMHO. As an example a match grade Kreiger barrel is $480USD = 750NZ landed but one in NZ is $1000NZD so the $250USD breaks the deal but buying say 3 barrels, three front guards, 3 lowers, 6 uppers, 3 trigger sets as a job lot and its looking worth it.
    308 likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"