Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By systolic
  • 3 Post By Tommy
  • 6 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By chainsaw

Thread: Another Idiot Courier and Dumb Gun Buyer

Banned

Another Idiot Courier and Dumb Gun Buyer

Publicising couriers fucking up is counter productive and will likely make more couriers refuse to accept guns as freight or make everyone pay extra for carrying guns.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...s-rotorua-home

Courier driver leaves gun outside buyer's Rotorua home

A courier company has apologised after a shotgun, legally purchased online, was left leaning against the buyer's front door.

The shotgun had been dispatched with a "signature only" sticker label, which is standard procedure when guns are couriered to people who have bought them online.

But no one was home and the courier left it out in the open.

The Rotorua man who bought the shotgun was so concerned that he contacted RNZ's Checkpoint.

"I ordered a gun online and this whole time I've been wondering 'how the hell it works with the sending', and yeah, they just ended up leaving it on my front doorstep," he said.

"Lucky it was the right house."

Scott Stonex from retailer Reloaders, who sold the gun, said under no circumstances should this have happened and he was "not happy about it at all".

"We couriered it via PBT - they are a signature-only courier company - which is viewable on the picture in the ticket I've shown you," Mr Stonex said.

"Also we put on a bright hot pink sticker on additionally on every firearm parcel that we send out that says 'please obtain signature'.

"We in good faith send something out ... with all appropriate documentation and ... the PBT ticket says quite clearly signature required. We can't do anything more than that."

PBT Couriers general manager Brett Chatfield said Courier drivers did not know when they were delivering guns.

However, he agreed that this should not have occurred because regardless it was a signature-required parcel.

"In this particular case, as you would expect in most brown and white parcels ... there's nothing that actually identifies what is inside the item and it's also not a requirement," Mr Chatfield said.

"[The employee's] business is getting a signature because it's a signature required service of that particular item.

"Outside of courier process, there is obviously process in governance around shipping and carrying firearms, so firearms are always expected to be a signature-required service," Mr Chatfield said.

He said the employee responsible for the incident had been identified and would undergo an investigation process.
    Tommy likes this.

Had the same thing happen with the same company placing a $1500 scope in my letter box, arrived at the letter box just in time to save him forging my signature.

Publicising couriers fucking up is counter productive and will likely make more couriers refuse to accept guns as freight or make everyone pay extra for carrying guns.
    Dead right
    Moutere, Steve123 and Cordite like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

For shit sake, I bought a rifle and wanted it delivered to my company address. AO phoned and said it wasn’t going to that address, I had 3 choices, my home, where my security is, or held at a courier depot to be collected or to an arms dealer to be collected. I told him the safest and best Del address was my place of work, he said he would not approved the form unless I picked one of his 3 choices. I told him I’d call him back, when I did I chose my home address, even though there would be no at home with a FAL to receive, but if he insisted, it was ok with me, so it was signed on that belief. It didn’t go there, it was sent to a more secure place. Couriers Arent the only fuck wits!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Or maybe it will make their management more aware of how badly some couriers do their jobs, and result in more of them actually doing what they've been paid to do.

As the couriers manager said, regardless of what the package was the courier didn't do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    For shit sake, I bought a rifle and wanted it delivered to my company address. AO phoned and said it wasn’t going to that address, I had 3 choices, my home, where my security is, or held at a courier depot to be collected or to an arms dealer to be collected. I told him the safest and best Del address was my place of work, he said he would not approved the form unless I picked one of his 3 choices.
    Wonder what would happen if you asked him to put it in writing for your lawyer to review?

Just him making his own rules, a AO I know said logic would have prevailed with him
    chainsaw likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

@Maca49 had the exact same problem and brain dead discussion with local AO last year. I wanted delivered to my work where we have some one always on hand to receive and sign for courier deliveries. Nah it has to go to your home address. But we live rural and nobody home during the day. He refused to see the risks & flawed “logic” of having a courier drop to home with no one there !!! Ffs !!in the end I got it sent to local gun shop

Had the same thing happen to me. I still get multiple items signed by the courier or left at the depot to pick up with a note saying nobody at home. . When I was home all day.
    .courier signing for it is just plain fraud.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Or maybe it will make their management more aware of how badly some couriers do their jobs, and result in more of them actually doing what they've been paid to do.

As the couriers manager said, regardless of what the package was the courier didn't do their job.
    There's a big difference between making the courier company management aware and going to Radio New Zealand to complain.

That's why I said publicising couriers fucking up is counter productive, not complaining to the company.

Do you think the bad publicity they have received in the national media is likely to make PBT Couriers more or less comfortable carrying guns?

What happens when PBT Couriers starts charging $100 to send a gun within an island or $150 between islands to discourage people from sending guns with them?

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    There's a big difference between making the courier company management aware and going to Radio New Zealand to complain.

That's why I said publicising couriers fucking up is counter productive, not complaining to the company.

Do you think the bad publicity they have received in the national media is likely to make PBT Couriers more or less comfortable carrying guns?

What happens when PBT Couriers starts charging $100 to send a gun within an island or $150 between islands to discourage people from sending guns with them?
    As many do today, don't admit to what the parcel contains and hope for the best out come.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    @Maca49 had the exact same problem and brain dead discussion with local AO last year. I wanted delivered to my work where we have some one always on hand to receive and sign for courier deliveries. Nah it has to go to your home address. But we live rural and nobody home during the day. He refused to see the risks & flawed “logic” of having a courier drop to home with no one there !!! Ffs !!in the end I got it sent to local gun shop
    You deal with the same one as me? @chainsaw
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

My case it was Auckland AO where ever or who ever that is ��
    Maca49 likes this.