Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Armed Police buying lunch

Armed Police buying lunch

I realise there are times when Police need to be armed, and we have (an imaginary) upgraded 'threat level' according to the Commissioner. Cromwell is hardly the multi-ethnic crime capital of NZ and I would question why a young Police woman would see the necessity of wearing her Glock in the local bakery to buy her lunch today. An aggressive steak and cheese pie? a threatening chocolate finger bun? or perhaps just the chance to 'strut her stuff'? Mind you, both those food items were on my list and I don't think they are good for me! Perhaps I should wear my 9mm to protect myself?
    Dundee, tetawa, johnd and 11 others like this.

I believe that when the threat level is where it is the rule is general arming during that period. So the young constable would have been directed to do so by her superior through his superior and so on
    ebf and Survy like this.

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    On duty - so they carry

Normal in Aussie of course - cars seats modified to fit the pistol as well

Europe - had a MP5 hanging next to me off a officer looking over the balcony at some noise below
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Perhaps I should wear my 9mm to protect myself?
    Go with .40 cal. A charging Steak and cheese pie is not easily put down.
    EeeBees, stingray, john m and 2 others like this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

I have no issue whatsoever with Police being armed. They have a right to defend themselves at all times whilst on the job.

Me too, grew up used to Walther PPs on uniformed cops, the plainclothes cops had PPKs but you did not see those.

It was just normal. And there were rarely stories of shootouts or of cops shooting people.

If I miss my childhood days, does that mean I'm now old?
    dannyb likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

there seems to be a general state of hysteria & over-reaction to a one-off tragic terrorist event. Police still toting guns is one example - especially in rural & small town NZ. Perhaps still in Chch city itself but this many weeks on its wearing thin.
    If the cops want to do something meaningful then go arrest the gang leader/s who is on public record saying they have firearms for self defence and they wont be handing back any of their stash (legal or otherwise).

Forcing cancellation of ~50% of ANZAC Day ceremonies & events is the one that really irks me.
    This is exactly what the terrorist and all terrorists want - to disrupt our way of life, remove freedom of expression.
    Fuck them - we should be holding 2x as many ANZAC Day events, not reducing them & hiding behind closed doors. Its cowardice in the face of the enemy (terrorism).
    Our forebears went to war to protect our freedoms, show them some respect & stop wimpering like a beaten dog

forget all that, blonde, brunette or the elusive red?
    Friwi, SGR and Jusepy like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by mawzer308 View Post
    I have no issue whatsoever with Police being armed. They have a right to defend themselves at all times whilst on the job.
    It's a shame they don't share the same view as you towards us mere mortals. We don't deserve rights.
    gadgetman, Steve123, Ernie and 2 others like this.

even before the mosque attack i saw cops with glocks on their hips at joes garage ( coffee shop) at cranford st chch

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    It's a shame they don't share the same view as you towards us mere mortals. We don't deserve rights.
    Yes we have been well and truly shafted with this new legislation. We aren't the ones who are responding to potentially dangersous situations when called out though.

Quote Originally Posted by mawzer308 View Post
    Yes we have been well and truly shafted with this new legislation. We aren't the ones who are responding to potentially dangersous situations when called out though.
    But we would hit what we shot at rather than spraying shots around the neighbourhood hitting buildings, putting them through windows etc. They might need to be finding their own ranges to practice on now too.
    tetawa, keneff, 40mm and 2 others like this.

yup, The police have no time for us.
    So we should have no time for them at our ranges.
    I urge all range and club committee members to ban police training at public ranges.

Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.
    mikee, blake, nightowl52 and 2 others like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    yup, The police have no time for us.
    So we should have no time for them at our ranges.
    I urge all range and club committee members to ban police training at public ranges.

Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.
    The officers don't make the law though, they are there to uphold it. Giving the police shit over this is the same attitude from the govt and press that we are all up in arms about.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Tahr and 6x47 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aetchell View Post
    The officers don't make the law though, they are there to uphold it. Giving the police shit over this is the same attitude from the govt and press that we are all up in arms about. Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I would not ban police from training at any public range, but I'd insist they must be full members. Strikes a fair and reasonable balance and opens the door for them to come along to get some much needed extra training in their own time.
    stingray and Luke556 like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch