Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree34Likes
  • 1 Post By chainsaw
  • 4 Post By Maca49
  • 13 Post By gundoc
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By kotuku
  • 6 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By kotuku

Thread: and the cops think we licensed FAL holders are not safe ???? WTF

and the cops think we licensed FAL holders are not safe ???? WTF

Between this latest "admission" and getting guns stolen from "secure storage at PNHQ" I think the police have a huge credibility gap.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12241732
    Xpat likes this.

Good they train inside a police station with live ammo? I might start that at home? or have some live firing in the back yard? They need to stop investigating themselves, it should be independent.
    Ahhh the police in NZ FFS
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Years ago we banned the Police from using the Ch-Ch Pistol Club range because of the damage they were causing to range buildings and equipment. This included rubbish drums shot-up, shots fired into stored targets at the end of the range building 90 degrees to the safe direction of fire, Ferret tear gas rounds fired into our range storage building, etc, etc. They had to set up their own range further down the McLeans Island Road. Police misuse of firearms is common and includes negligent discharges in airports, aeroplanes, Police station muster rooms, in vehicles while driving, damaging civilian vehicles parked on the street while trying (unsuccessfully) to shoot a fleeing offender, handing loaded and cocked firearms over the counter in a gun shop (I was the recipient), etc, etc, and this was just in Ch-Ch over a short period. The list for the rest of NZ is worse and frightening! The way to command respect is by example - their example is appalling! The major problem is their superiority complex by thinking they are the biggest gang in the country, and thinking their word is law without regard to the written word.

gundoc you forgot the .38 revolver used in FAL demonstration at licence evening that was loaded LOL.
    DUCKHUNTER and Xpat like this.

They dont release the "self harm" they do with the glocks either, have seen a few of them
    Xpat likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Years ago we banned the Police from using the Ch-Ch Pistol Club range because of the damage they were causing to range buildings and equipment. This included rubbish drums shot-up, shots fired into stored targets at the end of the range building 90 degrees to the safe direction of fire, Ferret tear gas rounds fired into our range storage building, etc, etc. They had to set up their own range further down the McLeans Island Road. Police misuse of firearms is common and includes negligent discharges in airports, aeroplanes, Police station muster rooms, in vehicles while driving, damaging civilian vehicles parked on the street while trying (unsuccessfully) to shoot a fleeing offender, handing loaded and cocked firearms over the counter in a gun shop (I was the recipient), etc, etc, and this was just in Ch-Ch over a short period. The list for the rest of NZ is worse and frightening! The way to command respect is by example - their example is appalling! The major problem is their superiority complex by thinking they are the biggest gang in the country, and thinking their word is law without regard to the written word.
    hmmmm-went for warrant the other day.pullup at gargae "oh shit me boots full of duckshootin gear".
    anyhow tell owner bloke -"any guns?" Fuck no ,not the way we lepers are looked upon noe no way jose .ant weapon in my wagon travelles double locked under my extremely septic eyes...any how why'd ya ask.??
    car dropped in other day for warrant -owner bloke leaves his number ....boys go to put it on ramp exited it like a tomcat with thinners on his ballsack.I looks in fucking gun sticking out!
    Irang the bastrds phone

"Hello, CONSTABLE ...speaking..........."

I stood and stared my jaws flapping like a dunny door in the norwester.

ithought he was pullin ma proverbial ..oh no he aint!
    dunno if warrant was done ,but had i been the proprieter it would be refusal ,reading of pedigree,and a vist to local copshop in a very unfriendly fashion with probable comments on housekeeping abilities of constabulary!
    Wirehunt likes this.

for the most part I firmly believe your everyday garden variety copper is doing a hard job bloody well with little thanks.....pretty sure the majority of them wont be impressed with the recent law changes either....and will be hopping mad at thought of having to enforce them
    slagging off folk who at end of the day are only doing thier jobs doesnt do anyone anygood....D.O.C. employees are in similar boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    for the most part I firmly believe your everyday garden variety copper is doing a hard job bloody well with little thanks.....pretty sure the majority of them wont be impressed with the recent law changes either....and will be hopping mad at thought of having to enforce them
    slagging off folk who at end of the day are only doing thier jobs doesnt do anyone anygood....D.O.C. employees are in similar boat.
    shit mickey -its been done with gay abandon to mental health professionals for fucking years man.
    whats the old maxim
    if ya cant take the joke dont take the job.
    Im planning to write a book on my experiences within next 2yrs -fuck no i dont take prisoners.
    yep ive met some great frontline coppers ,but amongst tthe modern ones some are in love with the image,and further up the ladder some are just anal sphincters micky anal sphincters
    sightpicture likes this.

the 4 chaps who were out in the cold with us the other night up in the snow and tussock to retrieve two overdue hunters were/are salt of the earth type guys...pretty sure there are hundreds more like them.
    but yes I hear you.
    My late Aunt was one of the most qualified mental health nurses in country before she retired,worked in Tokanui for years...interesting place under the old system where folk who needed help got it.