Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes
  • 1 Post By bigbear
  • 1 Post By 223nut
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 2 Post By Sasquatch
  • 4 Post By timattalon
  • 3 Post By Cordite
  • 1 Post By dannyb
  • 2 Post By kotuku
  • 2 Post By Cordite
  • 1 Post By Marc

Thread: Drunk man shoots himself

Drunk man shoots himself

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12059851

"A person has accidentally shot themselves in Tokomaru Bay, near Gisborne.

A police spokeswoman said they were notified by ambulance at 6.45am that a man had suffered a gunshot wound to the chest.

"He appears to have been intoxicated and has accidentally shot himself," she said.

He was described as being in a moderate condition and a helicopter was on the way to transport him to hospital."

Wonder if he had a firearms licence?

We fund our local rescue helicopter for people like this
    diymanglen likes this.

Hopefully he was drinking whiskey and they poured some into the wound to stop infection!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Drunk at 6.45am.... Got to wonder
    dannyb likes this.

northdude
    Good job let the flaming begin
    Tommy likes this.

He missed rule 7 - Kinda not really feel that bad for him.
    Steve123 and 40mm like this.

FGs -multitasking is the sole domain of woman ,or so im told .this bears that out .either you concentrate on drinking ......or you concentrate on shooting ,man cant do both .bugga me its hard enough to hit the bloody target when im 100%sober ,let alone god forbid when ive got a skinful

always know when im pissed

"OLD MAN GO TO BED ya snoring like an elephant farts!LOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUDDDDLLLY"-ask GSPF -hes actually heard it and claims to have leapt out of bed and taped the bloody lightbulbs into their sockets throughout the hut.He also claims to have seen bunkroomwalls caving in as i inhaled.I reckon he exaggerates a smidgeon.!

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    FGs -multitasking is the sole domain of woman ,or so im told .this bears that out .either you concentrate on drinking ......or you concentrate on shooting ,man cant do both .bugga me its hard enough to hit the bloody target when im 100%sober ,let alone god forbid when ive got a skinful

always know when im pissed

"OLD MAN GO TO BED ya snoring like an elephant farts!LOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUDDDDLLLY"-ask GSPF -hes actually heard it and claims to have leapt out of bed and taped the bloody lightbulbs into their sockets throughout the hut.He also claims to have seen bunkroomwalls caving in as i inhaled.I reckon he exaggerates a smidgeon.!
    While I snore when I sleep sober, apparently last roar while I was sleeping there was a stag roaring back at me.....They were laughing so hard they failed to get a clear recording. No wonder my wife sleeps better when I work night shift.

Some unfortunate from Dunedin Black Power shot himself in the face with a sawn off some years ago. Took a shot at the rear window of a car parked outside a MM associated drug dealing house.

Obviously didn't read the memo that real gangstas use lead shot for that sort of thing, as some of it will hit the pillars and door. Had to attend Emergency Dept to get steel pellets removed from his face.
    Boaraxa, berg243 and dannyb like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Some unfortunate from Dunedin Black Power shot himself in the face with a sawn off some years ago. Took a shot at the rear window of a car parked outside a MM associated drug dealing house.

Obviously didn't read the memo that real gangstas use lead shot for that sort of thing, as some of it will hit the pillars and door. Had to attend Emergency Dept to get steel pellets removed from his face.
    Darwins theory in practice
    rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post

does that not come under 'all good things come to those who wait ....or is it aint karma a bitch!
    no sympathies for that sort of gungho thuggery
    rewa and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    does that not come under 'all good things come to those who wait ....or is it aint karma a bitch!
    no sympathies for that sort of gungho thuggery
    They survive due to others' rightful respect for the law but would drown if vigilantism became the flavour of the day (I hope they realise it, but doubt it), but ridding ourselves of thugs by vigilantism will make society worse, not better - it would simply breed other, self-righteous thugs.
    norsk and rewa like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    He missed rule 7 - Kinda not really feel that bad for him.
    Missed rule 7, then the other 6. Remember, it's rarely a breach of a single rule that causes a problem, but most actual accidental injuries involve more than one rule.

Even in the "what an idiot" category, even the most seasoned and responsible owner can learn (or at least reinforce) something about safety.
    Cordite likes this.

maca49 on to it......Whisky the rough and ready king of remedities. It was supposidly a great antiseptic back in its day accordingly whats been published on the web....Anyone with sound medical knowledge care to comment?