Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: FAL F**k up.

FAL F**k up.

So in the mailbox today was somebody else's new firearms license, but it has all of my details on it, name, birthday and license number just with some other blokes photo. At least it came to me instead of going to the other bloke, with registration a real possibility it wouldve been easy as pie to regester any firearms under my name. Will go see my AO this week and see what he has to say about it
    Ernie likes this.
    All I want to do is to turn deer, into poop.

northdude
    faaark this firearms situation just gets better by the day doesn't it wonder will we get the blame for it as well

Is it Jamie Lockett's photo?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Notify the journalists
    Get it printed cops can not get the most basic of duties correct.
    Boaraxa and 40mm like this.

That is some pretty dodgy shit. I would make a copy of the license before the cops want it back. Might be handy in the next law change cycle when the cops go for a national register of rifles. Like you say, you would be up shit creek if the guy in the photo bought some guns.
    Even a single digit entry error might have you owning a rifle that doesn't actually exist. And good luck convincing the cops it was their transcription error and you don't have that rifle. It will be nothing but trouble
    mikee, 40mm and Tussock like this.

Words fail....
    rewa likes this.

Seen that before, first hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Howa270 View Post
    So in the mailbox today was somebody else's new firearms license, but it has all of my details on it, name, birthday and license number just with some other blokes photo. At least it came to me instead of going to the other bloke, with registration a real possibility it wouldve been easy as pie to regester any firearms under my name. Will go see my AO this week and see what he has to say about it
    You should contact nash and the media on this. Will demonstrate how appalling police management is

Quote Originally Posted by Howa270 View Post
    Does that mean some other guy has a FAL with his details and your photo...............
    tetawa and Tussock like this.

I have said it before and will say it again. Mistakes will happen. It is how they are dealt with afterwards that set companies etc apart. Faulty item? Well it happens. Anyone is capable of a mistake. But dealing with it properly (replacing or repairing any fault etc) promptly and without more issues.

Take note that you have got one with the wrong photo, so the cops may ned to know whose license your photo is on too.....

Record it, but give them a chance to sort it.
    tetawa, stingray, erniec and 2 others like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    Notify the journalists
    Get it printed cops can not get the most basic of duties correct.
    You find them, I will get a couple of Moa and a moose.

FFS........a right cock up.......not amused by this at all.......
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

I'm waiting for my plastic to arrive,be interesting to see if the whole batch is out of sync.
    stingray likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

I'll go in and see my arms officer sometime this week and see how they handle it. If I'm unsatisfied on the response I receive I'll get in touch with some form of media and start stirring some shit.
    All I want to do is to turn deer, into poop.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I have said it before and will say it again. Mistakes will happen. It is how they are dealt with afterwards that set companies etc apart. Faulty item? Well it happens. Anyone is capable of a mistake. But dealing with it properly (replacing or repairing any fault etc) promptly and without more issues.

Take note that you have got one with the wrong photo, so the cops may ned to know whose license your photo is on too.....

Record it, but give them a chance to sort it.
    kind of agree with this.... data entry , computer glitch who knows.
    the bigger picture is that it tears down the credibilty of the police as the organisation tasked with licensing
    you havent said if you were waiting on a new licence yourself....
    dont make a copy.....im sure that is a crime (a digi for proof is probably ok)
    and be careful who you show it to (if anyone at all ) because at the end of the day it identifies 2 licence holders , yourself and the other bloke , and that information shouldnt be shared with anyone in the public arena
    Scooby, stingray and Ernie like this.