Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Fastways Courier Calling The Cops?

Banned

Fastways Courier Calling The Cops?

A mate of mine went to collect a package from the Fastways depot and heard from the guy in the office that another depot (don't know where) called the cops because they found a package containing a gun (don't know what) that had been declared as aircraft parts.

All third hand information, but has anyone heard about it? Was in the last week or so.

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  179.2 KB
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Fuck Tommy, I told you if you borrowed that, the one rule was no photos on the web. Wasn't it just enough buzzing the Sky Tower in my chopper? I hope you never used all the tracer.
    300CALMAN, A330driver and 40mm like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    unless they x-rayed the package or opened it - which is illegal in itself - how would they know?

I would want to know more details before I beleived it
    Why would it be illegal for them to x-ray or open it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Fuck Tommy, I told you if you borrowed that, the one rule was no photos on the web. Wasn't it just enough buzzing the Sky Tower in my chopper? I hope you never used all the tracer.
    Well when I get my submarine back with no dents we'll be even!

unless they x-rayed the package or opened it - which is illegal in itself - how would they know?

I would want to know more details before I beleived it
    Couriers, it'll be some bullshit about it getting ripped open accidentally. Anything firearm-y I send has min 3 layers, proper tape (no shiny packing tape, you want electrical and duct tape), different texture stuff (rags, bubblewrap, tons of cardboard) etc etc. Never had a problem because I assume these fuckheads will drop it from a near-Earth orbit and sign 'X'
    chainsaw, Dublin, Steve123 and 4 others like this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Fair enough i reckon. Fastway do courier firearms so why lie about whats in the parcel? As far as courier would know it could be an illegal firearm, stolen, or unlicensed buyer or seller.
    Gibo, systolic and bigbear like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    gimmie.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    gimmie.
    You've got enough aircraft parts to finish off! Except a Molins. You NEED a Molins. For Rambo.
    40mm likes this.

Do fastways charge more for firearms over general freight ? May have been someone trying to save a few $$ by not declaring it.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Tommy your submarine went down the bath plug hole. The cheap Two Dollar Shop knock off floated upside down so I modified it and it got irretrievably caught in the vortex when I let the water go. I am happy to crack the septic tank if you want to go and look for it.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Tommy your submarine went down the bath plug hole. The cheap Two Dollar Shop knock off floated upside down so I modified it and it got irretrievably caught in the vortex when I let the water go. I am happy to crack the septic tank if you want to go and look for it.
    i went into my tank once, twice maybe three times. just found it was a nice peaceful place to be. one of the trips into the abyss, a 54mm holesaw and mandrell dropped out of my drill and splashed chocolate primo into my mouth. wanna kiss?
    Tommy likes this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Do fastways charge more for firearms over general freight ? May have been someone trying to save a few $$ by not declaring it.
    couple months back it was $35 for north island and $65 to the south for my depot, not sure what others charge though

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    couple months back it was $35 for north island and $65 to the south for my depot, not sure what others charge though
    yep, same price in reverse for mainlanders to send north.
    Rocco likes this.
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    i went into my tank once, twice maybe three times. just found it was a nice peaceful place to be. one of the trips into the abyss, a 54mm holesaw and mandrell dropped out of my drill and splashed chocolate primo into my mouth. wanna kiss?
    Short version of a very long story - at Tekapo Camp 1981 I think (31B battery, 3rd field regiment) I was on camp patrol on the night of a booze-up. Wandering about after it had finished (wondering if I should pinch some more aerials of the Aussie sig landies, ours were always broken and there were no spares) and here's a bunch of big guys with a little guy by the heels shoving him headfirst down one of the pit toilets. Bugger this I thought and fled to the guardhouse for reinforcements. When we got back all was quiet and no-one down in the pit. Found out later that a guy called "Smithy" had chundered his falsies down into the pit and after numerous other ideas being unsuccessful being lowered was the only practical solution!!

Wife went in to local Fastways depot yesterday to collect a rifle for me . I had spoken to the Fastways guy earlier and said the wife would be in to collect it , she has her own firearms licence , and he was cool with that .

When she went in she got a bit of a run around and they werent going to hand over the parcel until she explained that not only was she married to the name on the parcel , she lived at the same address and shared the same surname.

Apparently someone at another branch had collected a rifle for their "mate " and then the "mate" turned up looking for his gun , so now they wont give the parcel to a third party. handy to know
    i have never had an issue with fastway but this is just bloody disgusting.