Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Firearms licence renewal letter

Firearms licence renewal letter

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you all received a letter from the Police to advise that your licence was up for renewal?

The reason I ask is that my licence was past its 10 year renewal date by 2 months. Yes I know I should have checked but mine is buried under my drivers licence and I don't always need to use my licence as I don't buy factory ammo so don't always need to produce it.

I was told by the Police that I was sent a letter in the mail. Guess what, never received it and the Police have my current address.

It took 4 months to get my new licence BTW.

R93
    I got one 2 months before it was due.
    Done and dusted earlier than needed because I work overseas.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Igot mine but was worried cause i was working in westport.
    contacted CHCH AO-no problems -just contact the westport police and do whats required and we'll take it from there. 2weeks ago contacted by vetting officer to tee up a time here at home for that part of procedure. after me accident on me way home ,was talking to a darfield cop the other day about it -he'd just vetted a guy at his new address -reckoned he d have got into the safe with a fingernail&toenail!I took the hint -have a new safe sitting in the shed.need it anyhow for our new home. THe VO said to me -no problems if alls well you'll get a letter saying youre qualified but just awaiting a reprint of your license.2-4months backlog at the printers
    Im actually quite impressed how bloody user friendly its been in my case.
    Feral likes this.

holyshit batman-VOdid hid job on monday 3 bloody hours he spent with us.no body told me i should undergo SAS resistance to interrogation training,but thats how its done today he says and if you try to bullshit chances are its gonna go bad.wifey had option of refusing to answer questions I had NONE-refusal is automatically taken as youre hiding something!

I got mine yesterday and it is due in August.

I got mine last week, due 19 June.

The local police must not have much to do. It was only 4 weeks from applying to getting the new one in mail today. Unfortunately they got it right, and didn't give me any extra endorsements...bugger. They might get it wrong next time.
    Big ups to the local constabulary

i got mine and the wifes 2 months ahead, shame the stupid bitch who interviewed us knew nothing about firearms ( i said "lever action" and she said whats that?)
    Dougie and steven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i got mine and the wifes 2 months ahead, shame the stupid bitch who interviewed us knew nothing about firearms ( i said "lever action" and she said whats that?)
    And did you take the time to explain to the stupid bitch (someone's wife, mother, daughter etc etc) what a lever action is so she will know the next time she encounters one? Or do you wish for the vetting people to be all absolute firearms expurts in which case the elevated renewal fees will probably reflect the employment of that person?

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    And did you take the time to explain to the stupid bitch (someone's wife, mother, daughter etc etc) what a lever action is so she will know the next time she encounters one? Or do you wish for the vetting people to be all absolute firearms expurts in which case the elevated renewal fees will probably reflect the employment of that person?
    no zimmer i expect the people that interview us know the the fuck they are talking about
    Dougie, HILLBILLYHUNTERS and Feral like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    holyshit batman-VOdid hid job on monday 3 bloody hours he spent with us.no body told me i should undergo SAS resistance to interrogation training,but thats how its done today he says and if you try to bullshit chances are its gonna go bad.wifey had option of refusing to answer questions I had NONE-refusal is automatically taken as youre hiding something!
    me and the mrs did our renewals last year, all went wee till the bitch asked us what we owned and serial numbers. at that stage we said no!
    AO was pretty good on the follow up and just asked for pictures of storage and mounting etc. (congrats to AO christchurch)

problem is they employ muppets with no idea on what firearms are like quote "whats a lever action?"

no zimmer i expect the people that interview us know the the fuck they are talking about
    And when they come around to do me I will have some oscure antiques that they will have no knowledge of - stupid f....n bitch or bastard as the case may be. Oh, hang on, they are not going to have access to them some this issue of them not being understanding will not arise.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    I won't comment on how other VO's do their job as it's not my place to do so. All I can say is that 99% of the people I'm required to vet are decent, friendly, law abiding folk. I endeavour to be polite, friendly and considerate in return and rarely have any issues.

However, it's definitely an advantage to know and have a keen interest in firearms when you're interviewing someone for their FAL. Even more so if you've got an interest in hunting or target shooting yourself. I see some beautiful and interesting pieces - real drool material.

I've found many farmers to have very little interest in or knowledge of firearms because they only want a FAL to use their .22LR for stock euthanasia. Nearly all townies want a FAL for hunting or target shooting.
    veitnamcam, Dougie, mikee and 2 others like this.

Mate sounds like you need to pull your head out of your ass

I too feel they should have basic knowledge about firearms but it's not the end of the world and most definitely not a reason to talk about them this way.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Gibo and top gun like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    actualyl i expect them to know the the fuck they are talking about and know by law i do not have to disclose what A cat firearms i own.
    Feral likes this.