Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: firearms licence and trademe

firearms licence and trademe

I bid on a firearm last night on trademe, was outbid soon after, no problem. But today I get a Email from trademe that my fal number has been used by another member, please explain and if there is a valid reason the no further action will be taken. First time I have bid on any firearm stuff and didn't know you needed fal number but filled it out. I or the other member could have miss typed. So replied to their thing giving number, expiry date and tell me who and when used my number. 3 to 5 days for their reply. Hopefully the other member received the same please explain. So are they checking numbers or is this a random email sent occasionally, any one else had similar, and what will be the further action. We have one trademe account used by all the family, 4 people 2 FILs same address. Your thoughts please.

I had that issue, used my number for ages, then one day get a digit wrong - big fucking warning from trademe for using an invalid number blah blah.
    Make up a FAL but keep using it? everything is fine and dandy. Use your number and one day get a digit wrong - holy fucking shit the world is ending according to trademe.
    Munsey, grunzter, Steve123 and 2 others like this.

Yeah, they lose their shit if you use 2 different numbers.

It really makes no difference at the end of the day.

I sometimes couldn't be bothered grabbing my wallet from the car or whatever and would just fill in the formula and they sent me an email asking why I was using different numbers, that I couldn't even reply to.
    Ignored it and nothing ever happened, haven't bidded on any firearms on TM since though. Maybe I can't? Haha

Leaving my wallet in my car is about the least clever thing I can think of doing, yeah I know not everywhere is as bad as Auckland but still...

Leaving my wallet in my car is about the least clever thing I can think of doing, yeah I know not everywhere is as bad as Auckland but still...

Before I joined here and saw a couple of these threads I put in a different number a couple of times when asking questions and nothing ever happened, maybe bidding and questions are screened differently

Quote Originally Posted by Fawls View Post
    Doesn't matter when my car is in the garage lmao

Saw a Parlamentary panel, on the OneNews last night, questioning TM execs re: sale of firearms on their system.
    Apparently in relation to 'illegal' firearms being sold through the website.
    TM admitted that the seller hasn't previously been required to enter their FAL number when posting a firearm for sale.
    They are now, in view of the Enquiry, going to review this 'anomaly', and revise the selling methodology.
    Buyers of course are required under the Arms Act, to follow the system for online purchases, so no problem there.
    Some of the pollies seemed a little miffed by the TM responses, but couldn't make any capital out of the purchaser's requirements.
    The aim of some of the questions seemed to be to 'prove' that firearms were being sold to unlicensed (read criminal) buyers.
    Some of these people need to do some REAL research, so they don't make 'dickheads' of themselves on National telly.
    tetawa and Pengy like this.

Its interesting which news agency carry what story, there must have been a parliamentary debate or hearing or some thing as this was on the radio.
    Gun owners urge government restraint at Select Committee

Ejected
    Storm in a teacup. You would have to be a stupid criminal to buy or sell firearms on line where there is a record created of the transaction that can always be traced back to you in some way. Even when the purchase is done on TM you still have to do the same license verification.

In other news you can buy pertol (potential napam) at a pertol station without verifiing your drivers license and deadly poison at the supermarket without verifing anything.

I thought that was a bit weird, considering when I last sold them I had to enter my FAL every two bloody seconds, including every single time I answered a question?

I've actually memorised it now, that's how many times as a seller you have to enter it.

Also I tried entering a random one that was the correct number of values and starting with T and it rejected it so there must already been some sort of information sharing with the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

And knives...big black knives...don't forget those
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Time to combat obesity by restricting spoon ownership and introducing a spoon registration system?
    puku, gadgetman, tetawa and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    And knives...big black knives...don't forget those
    Dont be stupid, only assault spoons need to be registered.
    Dougie likes this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    can buy guns on farce book as well (pun intended)
    "ars longa, vita brevis"