Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By 223nut
  • 2 Post By 199p
  • 1 Post By 308

Thread: The Firearms National Support Team - Data breach potential

The Firearms National Support Team - Data breach potential

I recently got an email from the "Firearms National Support Team" basically demanding my firearms licence number, home address, firearms storage address and mobile phone number.

Requesting all this information via email seems like an absolute fuck-up in the making.

I called the police via the 105 number and they confirmed the request is authentic, and after sharing my views on the request they attempted to put someone in contact with me but still haven't heard back two weeks later.

Does anyone else think this is a problem, or am I needing to make myself a tin foil hat?

I got the email, nothing has changed from previous details
    If they can't be bothered sending out personal emails with someone's name on it then I can't be bothered replying....
    mikee and Louie like this.

I phoned them on the 105 number and let them know they even tho they think there system is secure ( probably not ) Mine definitely is not ( just a basic outlook ) and for them to assume it is in this day and age is just crazy.
    Still waiting for a call back
    Woody and Louie like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

I would ignore it and yeah tinfoil for sure.

northdude
    I'm still waiting for this email I'm just going to email back requesting my information they have on me to be sent to me and then I'll confirm it

northdude
    Yep even more of a shocker if it's someone else's info

Just laid an official complaint tonight and I encourage others to do the same

https://www.ipca.govt.nz/Site/complaints/#tips

Mine was about the bullshit delay in getting P endorsement when they took my application in Dec but hey, let's swamp these fuckers with their own paperwork

Remember somewhere in bullshit castle one of their performance matrices will be number of complaints - if we have enough of them then we might get the media interested..
    Louie likes this.