Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Gillespie shooting his mouth again

Gillespie shooting his mouth again

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...r-and-daughter. I wonder if Gillespie has a "replay" button that Stuff pushes whenever there's a firearms-related incident? Also wonder whose arse he pulls his numbers from? And how he thinks "compulsory licencing" (which i think we already have.) is going to stop nutters from blowing their tops? It hasn't worked out too well in UK or Oz. And Canada gave it all the big flick. He's also assumed that the firearms were illegally imported. Wonder how that happened with LAFO's are having trouble importing parts. Ooops, just went back to re-read the article and it's gone. Funny that. Oh well. Perhaps it was to give Cahill some space to stick in his 2 cents value.
    Last edited by keneff; 28-07-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    Paddy79 likes this.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Just clicked on your link - straight to the article.
    Agree with you about the number of illegal firearms - for a supposedly university educated person, Gillespie needs to do his research!
    Stuff.co.nz need to check that the 'professor' actually knows what he's talking about, rather than accepting his biased and 'wild guess' commentary.
    Sounds like he's in bed with the Police Union 'news fabricator' eh.

Why do the fucktards think more laws will stop people who ignore the fuckin law in the first place?

Gotta love this twit..."A cash incentive firearms amnesty and compulsory licensing could stop innocent people being gunned down, a law expert says." I can see where that will go. All that will do is mean crims will actively target firearms owners as the cops become the "fence" buying the illegal firearms for destruction with no risk of prosecution. End result is you pride and joy will be stolen and handed to the cops for money by the crims and unable to be returned...
    stingray, Steve123 and keneff like this.

And this comment

"However, Police Association president Chris Cahill said the Government needed to do more.

"They didn't take any of the meatier recommendations. They took the easy ones," he said.

"We're not saying it would change things overnight, but it would be a start."

Cahill said he supported the registering of all firearms.

Lets address that:

They didn't take any of the meatier recommendations No they left the impractical expensive waste of money ones that would have no actual effect on illegal firearms that wuld ONLY impact Licensed Law Abiding Owners.

Cahill said he supported the registering of all firearms. Clearly he missed the memo that Canada cannot afford it and saw it was a waste of money....

However, Police Association president Chris Cahill said the Government needed to do more. Here is a wild idea....Lets give tehe police the resources (from Cahills bottomless budget) so the Police can enforce the law that we ALREADY HAVE!!!! They knew that cock up north had guns. They KNEW they declined his license and they did nothing until he shot someone.....And that would be Napier siege: Gunman found dead | Stuff.co.nz Or worse, Illegal possesion of a loaded pistol concealed on their person WITH drug paraphernalia gets 3 moths home det????? Perhaps if the courts backed them up it might make a difference too.

i wish i had magic powers over what was broadcast to the flock of sheep watching tv every night.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Use enough gun

How can these academic's think this would make the slightest difference? "A cash incentive firearms amnesty and compulsory licensing could stop innocent people being gunned down".

It wouldn't even be a blip on the radar if that was implemented! People will always hurt people, with or without guns. The fact that he thinks like this is absurd. Some may not "like" hearing this but the increased probability of survival from being gunned down is the legitimate right to self defense by any means necessary. Have it as stringent as you please, it should always be there as our natural right.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 29-07-2017 at 09:47 AM.
    chainsaw, WallyR and keneff like this.

This I think is a classic case of The Police not doing their job! The knew about this guy and didn't act, he had already stabbed one of their men, alarms should have been loud and very clear?
    keneff likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Mate be stabbed him 34 years ago!! Do you think the Police go around regularly checking on every ex-con.
    The people that need a rocket are the ones that knew he had firearms and didn't tell Police. His sister knew he was feeling suicidal and didn't tell anyone else ( she may not have known he had firearms) as the policeman who got stabbed said "those people have blood on their hands"
    Woody, Steve123, Harryg and 1 others like this.

Don't tell me they didn't follow him! But apart from that they would have known he had firearms, same as David Gray!
    Cops running for cover?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

How would they have known he had firearms? he didn't have a firearms licence.
    Smartie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Got a mate in the south, ex bikkie,been out of it for many years, still rides, when pulled over for a traffic violation, after checking his licence, is asked about his gang affiliation. He has no convictions, but they still have details on his record. Makes me think stabbing a cop would stay on a record and periodically monitored?
    tetawa likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Stabbing a cop would definitely be on his record. But not a reason to check up on periodically. Seems like they did visit him in the last month about a shooting/target frame he made. The cop decided it was a tenancy issue. That does raise questions about why a check was/wasn't done on firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Apparently people had reported gunfire, and a local cop had been there and seen his "shooting range.) But I just watched the news (Prime), and it seems the police are now changing one of their stories. Well surprise surprise! "Trust and respect us - we're Police". Yeah, right.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

I think we are going to have to wait for the coroners inquest before we get the truth.