Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Home Burgulary

P38

Home Burgulary

Let me tell you of my weekend of woe so others may learn from my experiences.

We had our House and Garage burgalrised on Friday Morning by some low life oxygen thieving arseholes.

Bastards kicked in the bakdoor to the garage, rifled through the draws in my workshop and found the keys to my ammo and reloading components cupboards.

Then they discovered one of my Rifle Safes and tried to use the keys they found to open it without success.
    Bastards stole my two new Garmin Rhino 650's
    They had stuffed my day pack with all my knives, my Bino's and a Blaze orange camo jacket and had stacked this near the door for pick up later.

They also removed some panes of glass in the louver windows in the washhouse and went through our house stealing all the usual items, lap top, video cameras, cash, jewellery etc, still finding stuff missing today.

I'm sure they were also looking for the keys to the safe they had found out in the Garage.

The worst was they stole keys to some of our doors.

Lesson here is don't leave any keys in your doors like we did especially ranch sliders or french doors.

The cops were called and they came down and checked it all out and recovered some finger prints, shoe prints and a palm print so I'm hopefull they may be able to identify the C*nts.

I secured the place as best as I could Friday avo and Saturday morning went down to Mitre 10 to get some gear to repair the Garage door and beef up my security some what.

I got home just before lunch and found two dodgy and very nervous blokes parked up my driveway one launced straight into a speil about coming to look at the car I advertised for sale on face book. I knew he was lying from the fact that no one that lives at my address has a facebook account or has a Blue Honda for sale.

I took the details of their car and passed it onto the cops.
    The cops rang back today and they have intercepted the two car buyers who turned out to be gang members who were in possession of goods that didn't belong to them including a number of house keys.
    Unfortunately none of it appears to be mine.

Again I think they were tipped off to the fact that I have some firearms stored on the premisis, probbally by the P Head who broke in and who probally owes the gang drug money and that these others came round to check it out for themselves.

So as of today I have increased my security, installed some bloody loud alarms and monitored cameras.
    None of which will prevent anyone from breaking in and taking what they want, but it will provide the cops with some very good evidence to help convict the thieving arseholes.

I have also taken a more detailed inventory of the Rifles just in case the worst should happen.

I'm also on the back foot with insurance, the friendly chap on the phone said no worries your covered..... just provide us with a list of items stolen and proof of ownership like original reciepts and/or original packaging.
    Who keeps this stuff?
    Even the forensic cop said he doesn't keep that sort of stuff for his gear.
    I did have photos but you guessed it they are on the bloody Lap Top that got nicked.

Lessons learnt
    Don't leave house keys in your doors.
    No matter how good you think your security is it can always be better.
    There are arse wipes amoungst us that will steal everything you own and what they cant steal they can pass on the info to those that can steal it.
    Call the cops if you see anything suspicious no matter how small you may think it is. This may be the last piece of the puzzel the cops need to solve other crimes.
    Keep all your original purchase reciepts and photos of your gear in several places just in case things like this should happen to you.

Having seen how my firearms were/are being targeted by these criminals is making me rethink why I have them in the first place.
    No doubt some more serious thinking will follow, especially if another attempt to burgalrise them is made.

Cheers
    Pete
    Last edited by P38; 19-05-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    Boulderman likes this.

I bloody hate thieves .

Hope they get them .

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I bloody hate thieves .

Hope they get them .

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks VC.

I'm hoping "Peaches" gets them first

Cheers
    Pete

This shit pisses me off. Good luck on getting your gear back
    VIVA LA HOWA

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Pete it is an unfortunate and sad reality that given enough time and incentive even the best of security arrangements can be circumvented. You have responded to the violation to your home well and beefing up your security was/is prudent given that many times a burgled home gets re burgled within a month as the offenders come back for the items that they know will have been replaced by the home owners insurance cover. It is sad that this is making you re think your reasons for firearms ownership. Do not rush to remove them from your life. Do so only if is right for you and not because of what has happened.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    This shit pisses me off. Good luck on getting your gear back
    Pisses me off too Toby.

The reality is my gear is gone.

Most likely sold for a point of "P" or used to repay a debt or gain kudos with a higher ranked gang member within hours of being nicked.

Protecting whats left is my focus.

I'd be gutted if they got hold of any of my firearms and shattered if they were used to commit more serious crimes.

The fact that some scum bag has violated my home & my sanctuary, thats whats Fu*ked me off the most.
    Cheers
    Pete

Pricks! Cant stand theives!
    Got a dog?
    Dougie likes this.

lowlife fuckers. No respect for anyone or anything.
    And if they are caught they will get a slap on the hand, not have to pay back a cent and be sent back out to do it again!!

I say remove a hand!!!!
    mucko, Mac, mrs dundee and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshotkill View Post
    And if they are caught they will get a slap on the hand, not have to pay back a cent and be sent back out to do it again!!

I say remove a hand!!!!
    Or both, stop their happy time that teach em
    VIVA LA HOWA

Sorry too hear about your burglary . Good luck with your insurance , they can be a worse pack of c#%ts than the other thieving pricks. Chin up fella
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Pete it is an unfortunate and sad reality that given enough time and incentive even the best of security arrangements can be circumvented. You have responded to the violation to your home well and beefing up your security was/is prudent given that many times a burgled home gets re burgled within a month as the offenders come back for the items that they know will have been replaced by the home owners insurance cover. It is sad that this is making you re think your reasons for firearms ownership. Do not rush to remove them from your life. Do so only if is right for you and not because of what has happened.
    Thanks Rushy

Yes the security measures I had and now have will do nothing more than annoy, delay, or even amuse a determined individual.

Even Peaches could be quickly taimed if you know what your doing.

I'm counting on them moving on due to the quick actions of the Police and the fact that it is now much harder to gain entry and it wont be going unnoticed.

Technology in the form of CCTV, Smartphones and Instant Messaging is wounderful thing and very affordable too.

Cheers
    Pete
    tui_man2 likes this.

I say remove a hand!!!!
    Just below the neck, both hands to make sure!!
    mucko likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Fark Peter that's sad news sorry to hear it. Nz needs to get to grips with this shit, it amazes me insurances companies don't put more resource in. Go hard on the insurance company and remember your the victim, don't let them bully you. Good luck

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Pricks! Cant stand theives!
    Got a dog?
    Peaches

I say remove a hand!!!!
    I believe Peaches may take care of this for us.

Fulla
    so photos are enough to prove what you had before the robbery?
    +1 for the dog I have one, and if your sneaking around my house I hope he bites your ass!