Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: Media Firearms beat-up continues

There is absolutely a concerted effort within the media to keep firearm issues (or should I say "issues") at the forefront of public debate. I feel they are clutching at straws now and almost detect a sense of frustration.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    It is interesting that the greater weight of opinion is against them in the responses
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

This is like having a boat spring a leak and you decide to regular engine maintenance that you did 2 weeks ago. Completely useless and just keeping preocupided so you don't have to think about the real problem.

As one great lady has said....

Beauty fades...dumb is forever....
    Convert the saying into firearms lingo and you get,...

Raise the age....dumb is forever....

It ain't gonna fix dumb !
    Flincher and Steve123 like this.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

I thought that with the win in the rugby over the week end those idiots would be off our back for a few more weeks....
    But no:-(

This is the same debate that we had in Oz, before some dick decided to kill 36 people with a semi auto 7.62. Soon made everybody realise that military style semi-auto weapons aren't safe in civilian hands, they were made for War and Killing on mass.
    So while America keeps on having mass shootings and we have people killing each other here, then the media will take every advantage to make headlines. We are so lucky with the gun laws that we have, but I think they are too relaxed and require some overhauling.
    Age limiting isn't one that needs changing, semi-auto high powered weapons in un-trained would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    This is the same debate that we had in Oz, before some dick decided to kill 36 people with a semi auto 7.62. Soon made everybody realise that military style semi-auto weapons aren't safe in civilian hands, they were made for War and Killing on mass.
    So while America keeps on having mass shootings and we have people killing each other here, then the media will take every advantage to make headlines. We are so lucky with the gun laws that we have, but I think they are too relaxed and require some overhauling.
    Age limiting isn't one that needs changing, semi-auto high powered weapons in un-trained would be a good start.
    Australia still has regular shootings, their approach has had fuck all impact on gun crime. Regardless of type of firearm.
    hamsav, southernredneck and Tommy like this.

So you reckon if we get rid of them, we won't have mass killings, or when we do, the shooter will kill people at a more acceptable rate, with something else?
    bully and steven like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I just don't buy into the MSSA's are evil debate. It only takes one crazy person to point one loaded single shot rifle at an individual and pull the trigger for there to be a tragic loss of life. Now ask yourself, how many times could an accomplished handler do that before being overcome. If the crazy can do it multiple times then you have a mass murder. MSSA's or firearms of any kind are not the problem.
    Last edited by Rushy; 02-11-2015 at 08:15 PM.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Australia still has regular shootings, their approach has had fuck all impact on gun crime. Regardless of type of firearm.
    I'm sorry when was the last mass shooting ?? Did I miss something, I think it's gone a long way to make Oz a lot safer. There will always be shootings, get rid of guns totally, and the they will stab each other, take knives away they will stone each other.
    We as humans are bloody dangerous creatures, always have been, and always will be, but limit to what we kill each other with, surely it will help the innocent bystanders from being shot in MASS. !!!

please define a high powered weapon? .50BMG .600 nitro?
    Aussie has more gun crime than nz.

I'm sorry when was the last mass shooting ?? Did I miss something, I think it's gone a long way to make Oz a lot safer. There will always be shootings, get rid of guns totally, and the they will stab each other, take knives away they will stone each other.
    We as humans are bloody dangerous creatures, always have been, and always will be, but limit to what we kill each other with, surely it will help the innocent bystanders from being shot in MASS. !!!
    When was the last time there was a mass shooting in New Zealand?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan88 View Post
    please define a high powered weapon? .50BMG .600 nitro?
    Aussie has more gun crime than nz.
    Yeah and there are a few million more Aussies so compare things in the right perspective, and can you quote me the gun death figures for both countries ???
    And tell me what the fuck do you need with a semi auto 7.62, would you use it to stop a charging mob of goats from killing you ???
    There are places for these types of weapons and NZ doesn't really need them !!

In my experience, I'd say there is an agravated shooting most weeks in Sydney alone.
    You have quite a pesimistic view of our sport.
    Last edited by Moutere; 02-11-2015 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Expansion/clarification