Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Nazis successfully complete invasion 70 years later

Nazis successfully complete invasion 70 years later

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...with-guns.html

I don't condone the enactors actions in any way however.

But seriously though how much SOY can you have in one article? Like honestly it's like saying people who dress in red army uniforms are Communists.

ebf
    I'm surprised systolic did not beat you to that one, He is normally all over any bad firearms press :-)
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    I'm surprised systolic did not beat you to that one, He is normally all over any bad firearms press :-)
    Maybe the mythical Systolic was one of the re-enactors?

I'm fairly active on FB so I feel info I find on there for those on here who don't Facebook is beneficial

I love the way the complainant tied the trains to the Germans and came up with the holocaust, not belittling the holocaust but some people need to get a life.

Banned
    Sorry I dropped the ball on that one. I was in the garage reloading the cases I fired on Saturday.
    Barefoot, Gapped axe, ebf and 5 others like this.

Far better we sweep all those wars past under the carpet so our children never learn of the atrocity's of the human race.

Honestly some people just need to get a grip on reality.
    stingray, Maca49, Scouser and 5 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

It almost sounds made up. Or a creative reconstruction of events.

Considering that the nation war museum has conveniently let certain exhibitions lapse and guns taken away from the publics view, it's hard not to draw conclusions.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    It does sound like it could be a bit of a beat up.

While I have no interest in reinacting I do know a fair number of people who are involved-some who were probably at the event in question-and I cant imagine any of them either behaving in souch a manner described or standing by if they knew of it.

The idea that they are glorifiying the Nazis just doesnt ring true to me as most renactors have the kit to to play several roles on both sides of whatever period they are interested-and these people need to practice if they are to continue putting on the well recived displays they do as part of larger events eg war birds over wanaka , or being an important resource for small scale film makers to polish there craft.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I can promise that the piece was published in Newshub so was clearly well researched and investigated......NOT. The media could not tell a straight story truthfullly without bias if it was written for them by a judge. They would still manage to twist it up. I can promise that the re-enacters will have a very different version of events.

One point though, The parents sound like proper snowflakes that would have started it. Even with their biased view they still concede to starting the interaction (I wont call it a confrontation) by interrupting and telling them that they were glorifying Nazis. I would not mind betting that she was a little more heated when she spoke to them.....But would Newshub publish that? Hell no. Picture this, You and your mates are BBQing in a public park where you are allowed to be and some vegetarian social justice warrior comes up and informs you that you should not be eating meat....what would you say? It would not be "it's history - if you don't like it piss off''. It would be more like F__K Off Go ant eat your Tofurkey elsewhere....

Bloody PC rubbish where everyone gangs up because someone got offended. Would she have said something if they had mob patches? Or if they were smoking weed openly? The enactors were clearly NOT being intimidating as she was obviously not afraid to say something.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Far better we sweep all those wars past under the carpet so our children never learn of the atrocity's of the human race.

Honestly some people just need to get a grip on reality.
    We live in a time where we are shelterd from reality and instead live a life of excuses and denial

I'm offended by people that get offended easily

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I can promise that the piece was published in Newshub so was clearly well researched and investigated......NOT. The media could not tell a straight story truthfullly without bias if it was written for them by a judge. They would still manage to twist it up. I can promise that the re-enacters will have a very different version of events.

One point though, The parents sound like proper snowflakes that would have started it. Even with their biased view they still concede to starting the interaction (I wont call it a confrontation) by interrupting and telling them that they were glorifying Nazis. I would not mind betting that she was a little more heated when she spoke to them.....But would Newshub publish that? Hell no. Picture this, You and your mates are BBQing in a public park where you are allowed to be and some vegetarian social justice warrior comes up and informs you that you should not be eating meat....what would you say? It would not be "it's history - if you don't like it piss off''. It would be more like F__K Off Go ant eat your Tofurkey elsewhere....

Bloody PC rubbish where everyone gangs up because someone got offended. Would she have said something if they had mob patches? Or if they were smoking weed openly? The enactors were clearly NOT being intimidating as she was obviously not afraid to say something.
    Well pointed out @timattalon, I do not believe the complainer is entirely sincere either. Feel sorry for the railway guy getting to be pig in the middle, trying to control damage.

I'm also sick and tired of all German servicemen of WW2 - never mind their re-enactors - being referred to collectively as "Nazis", which is dehumanising and inaccurate.

My grandfather in an occupied European country nearly got hanged in 1945 in the orgy of lynchings that took place, for having treated "a Nazi", a conscript, as a human being, but got saved last minute by someone brave who put the record straight about his good motives.

Sadly, hate/war mongers shall always be with us.
    sako75, Beaker, 40mm and 1 others like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Hey ,

Im offended NOW , Warmongers are people TOO .
    Steve123, Cordite and rewa like this.