Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Littledog
  • 2 Post By Tahr

Thread: Need some help please!

Need some help please!

Hi all I am trying to get in contact with Inspector Joe Green of NZ police. Does anyone have his contact details please?

I heard he was no longer with the NZ police.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleeshooter View Post
    Hi all I am trying to get in contact with Inspector Joe Green of NZ police. Does anyone have his contact details please?
    Check out his profile on Linkedin. you should be able to communicate with him through that.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Cheers

Been a while. Sorry for reviving an old thread but this avenue was a complete waste of time. It took a heap of time and effort to get this bloke to reply and he was completely unwilling to help. Was a little strange, from what I had read, this bloke seemed to be reasonable and willing to help shooters out. I know I am not in the same country but I was hoping that he would have been willing to share a little common spence with a fellow police officer to help shooters out.

Seems there is a worldwide shortage of common sense, maybe that's why he was unwilling to share his.

What exactly were you after?

I was hoping that a fellow police officer would be able to clear the air about the legal use of suppressors in a country that does not regulate them and their use in crime in that country(NZ). Australian police consider suppressor far to dangerous to allow because of the potential use in crime. Now I may be drawing a long bow here but I would have thought that the criminal use of suppressors would have prompted the introduction of regulations controlling their use. I would have thought that if a police officer could convey to another police officer that the legitimate use of suppressors out weighs the potential criminal use. Considering that the majority of gun crime in Australia is very much more intimidation than silent use. Most gun crime does not even involve firing the gun. Why would a suppressor, which increases the size, weight and ability to conceal the weapon. Be beneficial to a criminal?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    There was nothing unreasonable about what you were trying to achieve. Shame about the lack of assistance.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I was hoping that a fellow police officer would be able to clear the air about the legal use of suppressors in a country that does not regulate them and their use in crime in that country(NZ). Australian police consider suppressor far to dangerous to allow because of the potential use in crime. Now I may be drawing a long bow here but I would have thought that the criminal use of suppressors would have prompted the introduction of regulations controlling their use. I would have thought that if a police officer could convey to another police officer that the legitimate use of suppressors out weighs the potential criminal use. Considering that the majority of gun crime in Australia is very much more intimidation than silent use. Most gun crime does not even involve firing the gun. Why would a suppressor, which increases the size, weight and ability to conceal the weapon. Be beneficial to a criminal?
    Id suggest you are asking the wrong person and a person who works for a very political organisation to make a public statement. My suggestion would be you need to talk / send letter to the pollie responsible for the Police / laws in this area.

My personal view is supressors are a good thing in that they reduce noise so disturb "the delicate" less. However like "big black assault weapons" ppl see nasty men using them to murder in movies so think they are bad.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Joe Green (Inspector) is currently on secondment, so may be unwilling to assist. I Guess he may be worried about being seen as interfering in another countries jurisdiction. Australia hasn't had a very good record in listening to New Zealand anyway. We are seen as the annoying younger bro I reckon.

Good luck. Suppressor are seen as a common courtesy where I shoot. I do wish you guys get a better deal than you do currently. Or hey move to NZ, lower pay, wetter climate, but you get better firearm and hunting laws than in Aus.
    steven likes this.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Hi,

I'd suggest you email her,

beehive.govt.nz - Hon Anne Tolley
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

It seems damned strange to me that one professional would seek to contact another professional through a hunting and shooting site? Why not use your work contacts and net works?
    Dangerous Dan and Survy like this.