Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StrikerNZ

Thread: Needed: Gunsafe for 1350 mm long rifles

Needed: Gunsafe for 1350 mm long rifles

Can anyone help me?

My FTR rifle is 1350 mm long - from bottom of stock to tip of barrel - and I'll soon have 2 that size.

I can't get an off the shelf gunsafe that is tall enough as they all seem to have an non-removable ammo locker that lowers the effective internal height.

Do you know of a 'A' cat safe that will fit a rifle of this size? If so who makes it and who sells it.

Do you know of anyone who will make a custom 'A' cat safe? South Island and Canterbury preferred but all considered.

Thanks in advance.

Buy one with the lockable ammo compartment overhead, and take to the internal divider with a cutting wheel? Or even just drill a few barrel-sized holes through the ammo box..
    screamO likes this.

The buffalo river E cat 15 gun safes have a lock box up top, but only half the width of the safe. This allows for storing really long rifles. My M96 fits in one with roughly 12-15 inches of head room spare.. Actually, it might even fit in there with a bayonet attached (if I had one)

Or if you could be bothered with the annoyance, store with the stock removed.

I thought this was strange as my 340 and 338 are both long.
    The internal dimensions of my quality "buffalo river" safe is 1460mm hope that helps you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post
    Buy one with the lockable ammo compartment overhead, and take to the internal divider with a cutting wheel? Or even just drill a few barrel-sized holes through the ammo box..
    Thanks, but am hoping for a solution that doesn't involve chopping up a premade case.
    It seems stupid to me to buy an item when you know it needs modification.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    I thought this was strange as my 340 and 338 are both long.
    The internal dimensions of my quality "buffalo river" safe is 1460mm hope that helps you.
    Interesting, I have been told a Buffalo River safe wasn't available with that dimension.
    Does your safe have the internal ammo box?

Fulla
    A rack. Space as required.
    Probably need it in a locked wardrobe or something to pass that's all.

Broncos Outdoors - Hunting - Fishing - Camping - Aparrel
    @Cyclops
    The little grey shelf to the right of the internal box is removable (sits on 4 little pegs, which you can remove), which leaves you with the full 1500mm to the right hand side of the safe. The little shelf is just a bit of plywood with grey carpet stapled over it. There's also 3 or 4 shallow pockets in the door (just out of sight in those pics, unless you only get them on the 15 gun version), each will fit 3 or 4 AR mags. Handy bit of extra storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Can anyone help me?

My FTR rifle is 1350 mm long - from bottom of stock to tip of barrel - and I'll soon have 2 that size.

I can't get an off the shelf gunsafe that is tall enough as they all seem to have an non-removable ammo locker that lowers the effective internal height.

Do you know of a 'A' cat safe that will fit a rifle of this size? If so who makes it and who sells it.

Do you know of anyone who will make a custom 'A' cat safe? South Island and Canterbury preferred but all considered.

Thanks in advance.
    go to local press brake place and get one folded weld it up and put a couple of locks in it
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/