Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: no license needed

no license needed

consider this a safety issue hence this section.

brought a lot of parts for reloading today, projectiles, powder and primers. knew what i wanted so was quick and easy. was also at an engineers at one point and was looking at a few projects the guys had on the go. seems far to easy for someone who knows what they are doing to weld up a rudimentary firearm and buy all the parts you need for making the bits to go in it and no need for a license. plenty of you tube videos showing how to put all your components together and how to use a press. also how to make 22 zip gun and similar (ok its rimfire so you cant reload easily) this just seems ridiculous when law abiding firearm owners jump through all the hoops!

Gun city mentioned that they are thinking of changing store policy so yyou need to show licence to buy primers but its not in effect yet.

anyone else noticed this?

i realise that this may give people ideas and if moderators want to remove it thats fine but i think its a serious f*(king mistake of the powers that be

Yep I thought strange when I purchased a heap on consumables for reloading, produced my licence and told no need? I cannot but Black Powder without my licence though?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Be easier to just buy a black market gun id guess
    199p likes this.

res
    If the cops don't see an issue I guess crims are not on the habit of making there own anmo.

It would also be east to make your own black powder gun from scratch and also make the ammo from scratch but crims don't seem to do it.

I guess as basic crims are stupid or drug fucked and high level ones can get whatever they want anyway that it's just not a issue in the real world? Would love the view of someone actually on the coal face @Savage1
    veitnamcam and PERRISCICABA like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Black powder explosive other just burns quickly. Let Darwin's theory sorry out the zip gun crowd... What component makes a firearm functional... The barrel, the bolt, the upper or lower... What if only the stock or magazine made it e cat - why would there be so many hoops for one buying an upper or lower? But can you purchase a 30rnd mag on the promise you own a troy pump or a ruger american and only that.....

Half the time Guncity dont even ask for a licence when you buy ammunition so I would be interested to see how they would implement asking for buying primers

Working this concept through why don't you need a fal for guyfawks?
    veitnamcam, tetawa and res like this.

But possessing ammo without an fal is against the law so no-one will do it.If by chance someone does then we will make it even more against the law,problem solved.
    Jexla likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    If the cops don't see an issue I guess crims are not on the habit of making there own anmo.

It would also be east to make your own black powder gun from scratch and also make the ammo from scratch but crims don't seem to do it.

I guess as basic crims are stupid or drug fucked and high level ones can get whatever they want anyway that it's just not a issue in the real world? Would love the view of someone actually on the coal face @Savage1
    I've quite recently dealt with a guy that was making pistols for gang members, he was either modifying blank firing pistols or making completely new ones, some were disguised as pens that fired .22LR and some of the modifed blank firing pistols were done superbly well, from what I could tell he'd made barrel sleves and manufactured the critical components. He was a toolmaker by trade and had become addicted to meth, he was a mongrel to begin with anyway and very dangerous.

That's just one recent incident, I come across a lot of criminals in possession of firearms and a lot of home made ones, the dumbest most low level bottom feeders still have access to firearms.

The gangs recruit or lean on people with very good knowledge of firearms to assemble and manufacture them, and have friends with FALs to get them ammo, never heard of crims with a reloading setup but it's not unlikely. They don't go through ammo like the average shooter, most of them would have never fired their weapons so need very little ammo.

Ammo access isn't the problem, I think the best change that could be made would be to make E-cat level security the standard for A-cat. And please people, don't store your f%$king safe keys in another smaller less sturdy safe beside the main safe, or anywhere remotely obvious for that matter.

Wow I went off on a tangent there, I've completely forgotten what I was originally talking about.

All of this is my opinion and my opinion alone.
    sako75, Bryan, 199p and 13 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Half the time Guncity dont even ask for a licence when you buy ammunition so I would be interested to see how they would implement asking for buying primers
    Yeah have noticed that, but usually it's someone who has seen my license previously

Fair points that the crime can probably get firearms and ammo off the black market easier. @Savage1 forget obvious keys know of rifles that aren't locked up at all, bolts and ammo in a filing cabinet and this is from someone with a lisence

res
    Scary stuff savage1, a trained toolmaker could make almost my any sort of gun or ammo. A blackpowder powered submachinegun wold almost be child's play to such a person
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I've quite recently dealt with a guy that was making pistols for gang members, he was either modifying blank firing pistols or making completely new ones, some were disguised as pens that fired .22LR and some of the modifed blank firing pistols were done superbly well, from what I could tell he'd made barrel sleves and manufactured the critical components. He was a toolmaker by trade and had become addicted to meth, he was a mongrel to begin with anyway and very dangerous.

That's just one recent incident, I come across a lot of criminals in possession of firearms and a lot of home made ones, the dumbest most low level bottom feeders still have access to firearms.

The gangs recruit or lean on people with very good knowledge of firearms to assemble and manufacture them, and have friends with FALs to get them ammo, never heard of crims with a reloading setup but it's not unlikely. They don't go through ammo like the average shooter, most of them would have never fired their weapons so need very little ammo.

Ammo access isn't the problem, I think the best change that could be made would be to make E-cat level security the standard for A-cat. And please people, don't store your f%$king safe keys in another smaller less sturdy safe beside the main safe, or anywhere remotely obvious for that matter.

Wow I went off on a tangent there, I've completely forgotten what I was originally talking about.

All of this is my opinion and my opinion alone.
    This. The motorcycle gangs without motorcycles are the bottom tier useless fucktard, they just pinch them in burgs, or take them off thier pet burglars. The top tier MCs take them off the lower knuckle draggers, or just swap them for meth or for forgiveness for perceived slights/favours/reign in an area. The mid tier (rural) get them from below and above them in the pecking order (they all know each other) and live a cheery life.

This is all due to it not being a major when they get busted. Concurrent sentences and limp dick judges, there's your issue.
    marky123 and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marky123 View Post
    But possessing ammo without an fal is against the law so no-one will do it.If by chance someone does then we will make it even more against the law,problem solved.
    i thought and thought i read that you cant buy ammo without a fal , but you can have in your possesion ammo without a fal ..... im 95% sure ....
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)